What Rabbit Holes have you been down?...(Besides Growing Cannabis) 😉

There are a lot of us here who are older. We have done many things in the past and explored hobbies. List a few or all of your previous or current interests.
I will kick it off with…

Deep Dives…
Tennis
Beer Brewing
Shooting/Reloading
Darts

Started down the hole but gave up or just backed off before it was too deep….

Wine - way too expensive beyond beginner level
Chess - I was pretty good but was never going to be anything great
Backpacking / Rock Climbing
Banjo - Still play but I am no good
Guitar - Pretty good but now I am old… :grin:

How about you? Current, Past ???

5 Likes

Precision rifle, golf, guitar, growing mushrooms, riding an old Road King, dog training. i stay pretty busy. Lol

6 Likes

How many hours we spent weighing and measuring every component trying to put them all in one hole was fun …

6 Likes

Natural farming
Mushrooms
Foraging

3 Likes

I have been thinking about mushrooms
Had a customer who had a farm and raised several types.
We kept his chainsaws running.

5 Likes

Mushrooms (yrs ago)
Stillin, (Still)
Tractors (52 8n engine married to a 41 rear)(Just playing with 1975 175 Allis Chalmers I picked up for 500)
Reloading and shooting alot! (Weather permiting)
Casting Bullets and powder coating
Making jigs for Ice fishing Lake Trout 6-12 oz jig heads
Archery, collecting recurves, making longbows out of ash trees, (hence Bentstick)
Building fishing rods, ice fishing and fly mostly
RC model boats( still do)
And last but not least Marriage tried it 3 times before I got it right, 28 yrs for the last so far!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beers:

6 Likes

My dad, when he wasn’t fishing, would take wood scraps and carve lures. He loved to catch fish on his homemade lures. I still have a few.

6 Likes

Nice those are treasures, made a few decoys for spearing through the ice!

3 Likes

Used to cast round balls for my black powder pistol and other friends as well.
Come back home after shooting covered with black crisco

2 Likes

Yea I can see that!!! Hehe older BP can make a stinking mess but damn much better than Pyrodex or what ever they make the new fangled pellets with!

2 Likes

Darts!! I’ve been playing for about 4 or 5 months now. Man, I wish I would have started playing yearssss ago. Just started my 1st grow a little over a month now and love it too. Also got my Dad into playing darts with me so I have some pretty decent competition… the old man still has it!! Lol. He kicks my butt but it only makes me play better. I really enjoy both hobbies. And growing has made me want to grow more than just our meds. I have planted 2 blueberry bushes and 2 blackberries. Also have a few white and red potatoes planted. Not much, but I enjoy every bit and plan on growing more as I learn.
ILGMs forum has been the biggest rabbit hole for me here recently though. I am addicted to reading pretty much everything on here. I have learned so much and continue to learn from yall. Yall are such a huge help and I appreciate each and every one of yall! Hope everyone is doing well!! :heart: Take care!

5 Likes

The world is full of fun things to, played darts and pool when I was a bar fly, it was foozeball in highschool at the local hangout!

3 Likes

Loving my new seated e scooter bike…

5 Likes

Yes it is! Man, I saw a foosball table at the end of someones driveway with a free sign on it. So I made the block to go get it and it was GONE… that dang quick!

3 Likes

Skydiving, Birdwatching, Golf, metal detecting, guns, scuba diving …looking for others now.

3 Likes

Nice! This is my ride!! Its been sitting for a lil while. Its been so hot to where I don’t want to mess with it.

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting to go metal detecting! Like on the beach or some of the civil war sites near by. I think it’d be fun.

2 Likes

Nice bike, thats awesome, ain’t no plug in trees round here,!!!

4 Likes

I’ve done some beach stuff in Ohio…I have not done any cool historical sites yet…have been too busy with the other stuff. Gotta get back to it.

3 Likes

Ham radio
Beekeeping
Gardening
diesel engines
Small collection of gas lanterns
Firearms

Always wanted a semi truck for no reason at all other than to drive it. Been seeing them for reasonable by me recently…. :joy:

9 Likes