What Rabbit Holes have you been down?...(Besides Growing Cannabis) 😉

I won guitar competitions as a kid playing Van Halen and stuff like. Never been able to read music tho. I’ve since had injuries and shredding isn’t really in the picture anymore. I can still jam.

Recently, though, cigars man. Last 8 or 9 months I can’t get enough of them. A nice Connecticut Shade in the morning with coffee. An, oily, toothy Maduro wrapper in the evening after dinner. I’m actually going to buy a few types of tobacco leaves and try my hand at rolling my own.

6 Likes

My uncle has driven for almost 60 years. Dude, there are some absolute badaxx accessiories and stuff.

4 Likes

Happy Cannaversary Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Oh, fun! These are my rabbit holes

Pottery - both wheel throwing and hand building. Really want to make a fire pit kiln or raku kiln in the yard. But, fire codes and all that.

Soap making - I’ve been making all the soap and shampoo for my family for about 8 years. Got into it when my partner was deployed, and I needed a distraction.

Knitting - because my teen daughter said I couldn’t.

Kayaking and other water sports that don’t require an engine or fuel.

Hiking and climbing and other granola-crunchy outdoorsy stuff.

I lead groups through ropes courses on weekends as part of my job (adventure therapist). I’ve become interested in ropes course construction and have been working on my first setup.

And reading. Learning is my jam.

6 Likes

Beekeeping!
I work on a farm, and we have an apiary. I’m going to learn to harvest honey from the frames this weekend. Bees are amazing.

6 Likes

I know I have a cb radio in my car. Lol. They do have a lot though. Who doesn’t love all the lights!!!??? lol
I don’t have enough money to make them go faster, but I know they’re a blast to drive.

I got to get into that. I’m over commercial bought and what they put in it.

Bees are amazing, and they’re fun and enjoyable to work with, when they’re not “spicy” lol. Mine were pretty calm, but would give me hell occasionally.

6 Likes

Dirt biking - turkey runs but this is now on the shelf

Home theater - still enjoy but I got to a point of using science to design theaters. Attempted to run an install business but just not a valid income. Used to put in whole house control back when you had to run actual wires, those day are now behind as well

Camping
Golf cart modifying
Bourbon
Craft beer

3 Likes

Happy cannaversary Growmie :facepunch: @Borderryan22

4 Likes

I started after reading an article about the actual rules of the game.
501 was my favorite game

3 Likes

Double in and out :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

My buddy and I explored a lot of Canyonlands and stuff around the Moab area of Utah before it turned into Disneyland. Back in the late 70s it was relatively unknown and the park only had a few visitors at any given time. I got lost on one hike as we got separated on the return to camp and I followed a canyon to where it intersected a 4x4 road on the northern part of the park. Got back to our base camp exhausted but happy I found my way back.
Me on an ill advised spot during a hike… :astonished:

6 Likes

When we played 301 that was the rule.
We copied someone’s personal rule we had heard about, that if you got down to one point while trying to double out you could Split the 11 and call it a win…

4 Likes

Art - All types, Saxophone, Golf, Growing stellar cannabis, I’m the cook in our home, Grandkid school activities, Motorcycles, Lifelong Gamer - Consoles, I have an 8 & 16 bit Nintendo with a real Game Genie and the book, Wii, PS3 4 & 5, Make my own BBQ sauce and dry rub for pork ribs, Camping.

7 Likes

That’s living the dream right there, my dude.

1 Like

DO you like burnt ends?

9 Likes

Did…I had all of my teeth pulled several weeks ago.
Seeing stuff like this really makes the mouth water now. I have been drinking all of my nutrition for a few years. Sucks but it is keeping me alive. Those look crunchy on the outside and super tender on the inside. Bravo!!

Here is a treat for you to try.
Dry Rub
Looking for my BBQ recipe too.

I simmer it for about 6 hours and then jar it up.

8 Likes

Gonna try this once I get over my surgery
Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh yum!!!

2 Likes

Owned and maintained a 40 head regenerative cow/calf herd. Stay at homedad/hunter gatherer. Owned and managed an organic produce farm, very small one and a one half acres under cultivated. I’ve lived and traveled in my travel trailer for the last five years.

6 Likes

Growing garlic.
Cooking
Motorcycles
Fishing
The challenge I’m at after transitioning from the northeast to the southeast growing a garden especially garlic.So far it’s taken me 3 years to get the bigger garlic I used to grow in NY.

5 Likes