Weird Pattern On Leaves And Narrowing Curl?

Tent reacted bad to Mars TS600’s. Turned 2 crops yellow with calcium spots. Went back to CFL’s and plants recovered (I know weird) But now one plant has this weird pattern on the leaves, that doesn’t
rub off. Close inspection of bottom of leaves show no critters… The weirdest part is the plant is showing growth and flowering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Leaves come and go. How about pics of the full plant.

1 Like

Welcome @Zgro
Those TS600 lights are fine for growing cannabis.
I would guess that like putting an indoor plant out in the sun the intensity of the new lights caused a measure of leaf damage. Introducing the new lights a little at a time or backing them off (or dimming) until the plants harden and adjust to the higher intensity will help. CFLs will get the plant through veg, but not do well with flowering.
I agree a full plant photo will help us a lot.
Midwest Guy is a great mentor on this forum. Always great advice.

2 Likes

Full pic.

I expect that the problem leaves are off the bottom of the plant, which is normal. The plant is done with them and they will continue to develop blemishes, yellow, and eventually fall off.

Better lighting will give you a more productive plant.

4 Likes

I have 2 tents, one with CFL’s is thriving. Other tent same pots, soil, and water. The only difference is I had 2 ts600’s. no growth for a month, seedlings turned yellow. Had lights as high it could go plus no adjustment on TS600’s. Went to CFL’s and plants recovered. I do understand that light is very important.

1 Like

It has to be coincidence. The TS600 isn’t that powerful of a light. It is a 100 watt light and you really need 2 of them per plant.

CFLs are not suitable for flowering cannabis for a number of reasons. You’ll get a few whispy flowers and that’s about it.

1 Like

I forgot those dont have dimmers.
I have and used two TS1000s which are essentially the same lights but are 150 watts each. Same LEDs the TS600s use. I have grown several runs with them. I cant say why your seedlings died under those lights. I can say they are better than CFL lights. If you want to figure it out without losing any more cannabis seeds then just try starting tomatoes under them. Tomatoes are very similar in needs to cannabis.
Can I ask what media (soil) you are starting your seeds in?

1 Like

For reference: I run three 135 watt panels above each plant for a total of 405 watts per plant. I’ve done this for years without problems. I can’t imagine a 100 watt panel causing problems.

1 Like

I know… I have no clue what was happening. I did just complete a very good White Widow harvest. I did have airy buds but produced and was very good. This pic is from the current flowering girls. Just did some pruning so not very full. Some of the fans were big. Alex from support helped me as best as he could. I am new to all of this, but learning fast. Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it.

Better lighting will give you a better chance of having plants that look like this. I pulled 3/4 of a pound off this plant.

3 Likes

Back to the roots organic soil.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Back-to-the-Roots-Organic-Potting-Mix/5013799125

Beautiful! I am a greenhorn… learning fast!

1 Like

Good choice

1 Like

You will get MUCH better results if you don’t guess at light output. I use this cheap lux meter along with the free PPFD app. The meter has bluetooth and you can use the app to see readings without having to be in the light yourself.

Uni-T

Migro has a couple of good videos about it and there is several threads on this forum. The people using them really like them. I really, really like mine.

Migro - Uni-T

1 Like

This was my canopy under the TS1000s
I was overfeeding thus the burned leaves.
Still over a pound of dry weed.

This is what 4 to 5 week old plants under good lights should look like.
The TS600s are capable of this.

1 Like

Please dont take this as a criticism. I started with worse lights than you have and made soooo many mistakes. This forum is where I learned to grow. I currently have something like 3 pounds of dried weed in my closet.
Many lights will grow cannabis. But cannabis needs intense light to thrive.
What your plants are doing is attempting to make seeds. The buds will always be small under the CFLs. I marked the picture on one of your plants.

The secondary growth from where each original fan leaf grows from the main stem is what better lights will grow. This plant has a single tiny bud at each node, but with better light it would have been a large branch with a full cola on it. On my pic above all those buds are on secondary branches as I pruned off the main at the 5th node. So there are no primary colas on my plants.
I think you should try the TS600s with new plants. Start them about 24" above and if the seedling stretches much then lower 6" at a time until it stops stretching.

2 Likes

I started with a burple, but that only lasted about 3 weeks and I threw it out.

My first grow was pretty pathetic. Results improve rapidly once you start getting the basics down.

4 Likes

Same, but I had 2
I still have one keeping a mother plant alive. Its perfect for that as I dont want it to grow, just stay alive.

This is a burple @Zgro

2 Likes

Sorry for late response, forum limits the amount of posts newbies can post…

That plant you showed with arrows is only like 5 weeks old. In the one big pic has to be at least 50 buds growing well. I am not being argumentative, its what I have and works for now. Since I am finally on here, I will be follow all suggestions very closely. Thank you!

1 Like