Watering correctly?

9 days old, planted in FF/OF, under a 240W QB, I water w/ spray bottle VERY LIGHTLY on an hourly basis to keep the topsoil the same color as when it came out of the bag…I mainly water the inside perimeter of the pot, and try to stay away from the base of the plant as I’m aware how dangerous overwatering can be…am I on the right track? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

You are on the right track. Try to pull back from watering alittle every hr to once per day. The very top of the soil will dry out pretty quick and this is ok. Stick your finger in the soil and feel the consistency of what underground. The home of the roots.
If you stick your finger in the soil a few inches and it comes up somewhat damp then you are ok. If it comes up done dry with some soil dust than water. :slight_smile:

If you’re unsure when to water, weigh a pot of dry soil, then you’ll know how many grams a dry pot weighs, and you can weigh your pots with the plants in it. When it starts getting close to dry, water it a little.

Thanks a lot for your response and advice…much appreciated :grinning:

At the stage your plants are at I use a clear plastic cup sprayed on the inside as a humidity dome and don’t give much water to the soil. The leaves will get water from the dome and your roots will grow deeper searching for water. When the plants are touching sides or top of dome i take them off and I use a turkey baster to water a ring around the plant where the dome used to be. That way I can limit the amount of water. Then gradually increase amount of water as plants grow. In a few weeks water until run off and then don’t water again until dry. Cannabis does well with dry periods. In veg stage in 5 gallon fabric pots I typically can water every 2 or 3 days.