Wanting to do a 10 gallon grow

I have a 3x3x6 tent and would like to grow 1 meaty lady next grow. I was thinking of making the last home a 10 gallon. Starting from a solo cup to a one gallon pot, then a 3, then the 10. To the experienced growers, how long of a veg are we talking with LST method applied?
Bubble Gum is the cultivar I have planned, fun strain, lovely smoke.

1 Like

I use 10 gallon fabric pots with light levels at a ppfd of 850 - 1000. I flip to flower when the plants are 55 - 63 days from sprouting. Roots Organic Original soil and Root Organic dry nutrients.

This one of my previous grows about 10 days or after flipping:

5 Likes

Well dang! I thought I was looking at a 3-4 month veg. Thank you kindly.

1 Like

Gorgeous girl btw :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The veg time is dependent upon light intensity, desired size and a few other variables.

2 Likes

My 4 girls

3 Likes

Very nice…

1 Like

Spider Farmer G3000 300W. I don’t have a PPFD reader, just a light strength reader thingy, which reads around 65,000-70,000. I keep the light at 100% 8-10 inches away. They seem to love it with nice frost development. As I become more advanced these will definitely be things I need to hone in on, for fatter denser nugz

1 Like

That might be enough light, but marginal would be my guess. It comes out to less than 30 watts per square foot. I am running about 45 or 50 watts per square foot. The watts per square foot is only a rough estimate. The best measure is to use a PAR meter.

4 Likes

Very nice grow.

1 Like

On my list. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I’m learning. I added another hundred watts and can see a difference after 1 session. Crazy and awesome. Will definitley be doing my homework and shopping for optimum affordable LED setups and additional supplemental lights such as UV’s.

3 Likes

A 400w lamp would do great in that space. I e used this one in a 4x4 and it rocked it. A 3x3 is perfect. I love this lamp and will be buying another soon. I have the one with a timer built in but these are the same without and a little cheaper. Best of luck to ya.

Two 100 watt lights added, 500 total now. We’ll see

2 Likes

1 Like

This :point_up: @Ravenharmoni My typical veg is 11-13 weeks in a 10 gallon. We have the same size tent as well. My girl lives in 4 homes, each pot is about 4 weeks til the next transplant. I grow 1 at a time to fill the tent.

This is how big I let her get before the flip. This was a 12 week veg. :point_up:
and this is right before the chop :point_down:

Here is a chart for DLI for photos that I modified since the charts found online do not carry the added weeks for a long veg.

Chart is a guide. Sometimes I have to add another week of veg depending on her but works well for long veg times.

3 Likes

I think it will adapt to what you give it. For example, I put sister clones in aquariums to see how long it would take to see roots hit the bottom window and corners. All were planted the same day outdoor in summer. The aquariums were shimmed up on cinder blocks so I could easily see underneath the aquarium bottoms. All the aquariums were acrylic and had drain holes in them.

10 gallon saw roots in 5 days

20 gallon saw roots in 7 days

29 gallon saw roots in 9 days

55 gallon hex tank saw roots in 13 days

110 gallon tank custom cube saw roots in 17 days

Once I saw roots on the bottom window all sizes had roots filled in within the week on the bottom panel. I did this to see how fast they would grow after repotting for a up pot. But one could draw some conclusions for your question too. I install custom aquariums so I had some extra fish tanks laying around incase you were wondering. :blowfish:

2 Likes

All I use indoors are 10 gallons for my photos. Except for some landrace sativas that just get too tall in all but 3 gallons. Great yields!

5 week old Blue Mystic fem. photo in a 10 gallon pot. Topped 2 and/or 3 times, 24" tall.

2 Likes

Taking notes…thank you. Gorgeous girl right there buddy :heart_eyes:

Super thanks. So much wisdom to gain here. You all are amazing.