Urgent help needed!

Hello everyone, i just decided to try growing myself about a month ago. I’ve been having a rocky road with this gold leaf plant (i.e. it would go from limp and wilty to normal and started off a super light green that eventually went to what I saw as a more “normal” green). I left for an overnight trip and when I came back, this is what I returned to:

The powdery stuff on the soil is some sulfur powder (i was having PH problems just before this).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

Too much water? What’s on the leaves?

What kind of medium are you in?

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

I can try less later–ive been pretty careful ( i think). There isnt anything on the leaves–at this point most of them have become a grey and slightly brown color.

1 Like

@iactaster @imSICKkid will help you I hope that’s not mold.

Strain: Gold Leaf Fem

Soil: 1:1:1 blend of soil, coco and perlite
system: regular potted plant? (sorry, im new to the terminology)

PH of the runoff itself is a little over 7, but the soil seems to be around 6.5

Nutrients: I got the Fox Farms Trio, but am using a very light mix of the ones for All purpose and veg. I dont mix it anywhere near the recc (im much lower, but idk how low specifically)

Indoor
100W full spec LED

no AC/Humi/De-humi

Temps; Day ~74-78 F; Night 70-74 F

No Co2

Its some sulfur powder–im trying to stabilize the PH to be abit closer to 6.

1 Like

If your runoff ph is 7 then that means your soil is that as well. You have nutrient lockout. I would look into flushing with ph’d water until your runoff ph is in range. Do you have a TDS meter to monitor your ppms?

I do not have a TDS meter. I was unsure if it was needed.

So for the flushing, I am basically creating acidic water and running it through until it is ~6.5 or so?

I have a Sour Diesel Fem that I also started growing next to it, but it doesnt seem to be having these problems despite being treated the same way. In fact, i didnt even have to mess with the pH with that one and it seems fine. With this one, I started having a few issue and tried messing with the pH over the past few days until it escalated to this.

1 Like

Ph your water to 6.3 to 6.5 and run it through until you bring your ph down.

You definitely need to get a TDS meter asap. That’s just as important as your ph to me. It will tell you how your plants are eating and how much nutrients you should give.

1 Like

Yep gonna need that and ph if you dont already.

So you have 1 equal part of each?

1 Like

Your on the right track. With a 1-1-1 soil formula and no other added ferts combined with a light feeding regiment it could also be an issue. Get a TDS meter and measure your runoff as you are flushing the plant to bring down PH. Plants that small do not require heavy feeding. They need the roots developed before they can absorb nutes efficiently. Seedlings are good at 100-150 rpm. Having the right tools is paramount to a good grow.

1 Like

How old is this plant? You said you started it a month ago? Not really a seedling anymore, just stunted it seems. But that probably has alot to do with only having a 100w light.

1 Like

Ok. As of now, I ran 6.3-6.5 pH water through the soil a few times until it consistently came out in the same range.

I also ordered a TDS.

It is on week 4.

EDIT: Just made the acct today. I guess Im maxed out on replies?

E2: Not sure why I have been having problems with this one. Ive barely touched the other plant and its been doing fine…though some newer leaves look weird

1 Like

Once you get your Tds meter you will know how hot your medium is and from there you just compare your ppms to the feed charts of the nutrients you use

2 Likes

Just keep in mind it’s very easy to over water during this stage. Too much water and root rot will develop. Now that you have flushed, monitor growth and how the plant reacts. You can most likely go up to 7 days before needing to water again. That will give you time for the TDS to arrive. I’m not sure what kind of soil and coco you are using. Top texture looks different to me.

2 Likes

Yeah it looks like mulch almost.

Keep a breeze going on them if your not already

1 Like