TS1000 in a 3x3

Hi all. New to the forum and new to growing as well.

Here is what I’ve got going now: GDP in foreground, GDP back left and Punch Pie on the right. I know the light is underpowered but I want to see its limitations before I commit to a bigger unit or multiples of what I have. This is my first grow under LED having done two previous runs under HID. Soil is water only. The youngest is also the second plant to go through without a top dress. I wanted to see how far I could stretch the soil’s resources.

GDP:

Punch Pie:

GDP:

Cheers.

10 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum, your girls are looking healthy. Good luck with the LEDS.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s funny how these lights make my plants look lime green as if they were starved. Looks normal though in daylight. I can see at this stage that a higher powered unit would suit the tent better for flowering.

5 Likes

Happy growing. I suggested nothing lol stoned I first said training now I see second glance whoops. @brownrecluse looking good toke :up:

4 Likes

Nice plants! Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Thanks.

Temps went down a bit low one night (~65) and now notice purpling new growth on the small one only. Plus I have a 12v fresh air intake which got directed at the pot. Strain is GDP. Hope it pulls through.

4 Likes

Hi

I have ts 1000 too but i only have 1 girl under it :slight_smile: nice healthy plants sir !

2 Likes

Thanks and yeah I am really liking the performance from this light and plan on getting 1 more for the tent and another for vegging.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mr. Recluse-
I would not worry about your temp getting into the middle 60’s at night. GDP will “purple up” with lower temps, especially in flower. Your plants look great, keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Thanks @patchman.

I pulled it out of the tent and will just let it window veg for now. The other two are beginning to spread out nicely now.

GDP @ 68 days from sprout:

I think I see pistils starting to come out:

PP @ 51 days from sprout:

I should have enough headroom to accomodate the stretch. I hope anyway. Cheers.

9 Likes

Recluse-
They look great! I’m digging those big 'ol fan leaves. Great color. Looks good. Peace

5 Likes

Looking nice! @brownrecluse

3 Likes

Thanks for all your kind comments/likes.

The GDP is a confirmed female.

Off a side shoot:

Main cola:

Biggest difference between this run and previous runs with those horrid conditions is noticeable, especially scent. Now when I open the tent I can smell the green lushness of the plants. I never knew what I was missing before. Just waiting now for the Punch Pie to mature a bit more before flipping them. I hope I left enough clearance between the two in that 3x3. Headroom should be good.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Looks gorgeous. Gonna have some nice nugs off that but may need a second light for both

Thanks. Yeah I wanted to see where the light was deficient and just debating on getting a higher powered unit or another 1000 to supplement. I am kind of leaning towards the latter as I feel it would give me flexibility in light positioning.

4 Likes

I have the ts1000 as well and i like it. I use that and the ts600 but was gonna order me a second ts1000 soon to replace the ts600. I only grow a couple plants at a time and have a huge tomato plant only getting the light from the outside edge. I like my plants shorter and heavily lst where its all flat

2 Likes

Just an update, flipped Dec. 27:

GDP:

PP:

Environment has been steady with lights-on temps at ~75 with 50% RH. Lights-of temps drop to ~70 with 25% RH. I hope that isn’t too low.

I’ve also had to clip problematic fan leaves off. I read on here that GDP is known to have air circulation issues. Anyway, here’s hoping for best.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Brownrecluse-
As you are talking about lights and where you are deficient, you should tag the resident light guru @dbrn32. Well I just did by accident. I can tell that your front left plant in that pic isn’t getting as much light as the other parts of that plant. You could probably get another light like you were talking about (1000). Then if you could put the plants one in front of the other it would match your light setup better than having them diagonal. You’re doing really good, keep up the good work, but keep it fun too. Peace…

3 Likes

HI @patchman. Thanks for tagging @dbrn32 but honestly I knew what I was getting into starting this grow with just such a light. My biggest problem right now is funds or a lack thereof. I still have my 600HID which I would switch over in a heartbeat if I could control the environment without resorting to using A/C with its attendant mods.
And now with this insanity that has enveloped us all, a small yielding grow seems insignificant to me. I should be able to upgrade lights once this grow has completed.

Anyway, this is where they are at right now:

GDP:

PP:

They look healthy and definitely not the growth rate I have experienced before but now I know this:

1. my current soil mix is working and will work with minimal topdressing between plantings. Therefore now I can start thinking of better genetics.
  2. I have a better understanding of the relationship between temps and RH and how better to control it within my environment.
  3. I have a better understanding of how cannabis grows just by looking back at all of my previous mistakes.

Cheers.

4 Likes

BrownRecluse-
You certainly are doing something right. The girls look great! When you gain knowledge and then apply it with good results, its a happy feeling. Keep up the good work!
Peace…

3 Likes