TS1000 in a 3x3

They look awesome so far. They grew pretty good being under just that light. Curious to see how the buds form

1 Like

Have tried running the 600 air cooled?

Yeah, I have a cool tube but the biggest problem I had was my apt. faces SW and I get sunblasted everyday. Which is not bad during winter but this past summer had a heat wave and that really cooked my Afghani.

2 Likes

Starting week 4 flowering:

GDP:

Main cola bud:

Shot of bud at edge of light:

Punch Pie:

Main cola:

Main bud:

Shot of bud at edge of light;

Temps and RH have been steady even with the deep freeze we are having. And so far, plants look normal for the stage they are at. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I think they look awesome. Filling in nicely and have plenty of bulk time left

1 Like

I’m a new grower and my first light is MH ts600 , so I’m definitely sticking around

4 Likes

Brownrecluse-
Hey I wanted to suggest something. If you are tired of the sun blasting your plants in the afternoon, there is something that can help. They make thermal curtains that you can put up and the block all of the light and heat from getting inside. I used clear stick pins and hung mine that way, to make sure no light or heat came in. You can get these anywhere, like wal mart or anyplace like that. Hope that helps, your plants look mighty fine!! Peace…

1 Like

Thanks @patchman. The ladies are coming along nicely now albeit slower. I’m really digging these LEDs and what they can do. I have seen the light!

I’ve thought of those thermal window blocks but pricey for me. And it’s not just the afternoons that I get baked, it’s pretty much from mid-morning till sundown. Not bad in winter but hell in summer. Oh well, I plan on moving to a bigger apartment with a spare bedroom which I plan to convert to a grow room. Cheers.

1 Like

Some pics of their progress:

The beginning of the end I think.

3 Likes

Those fan leaves in picture 3 are awsome!

1 Like

I hope this is normal. The leaves directly under the light are starting to turn color already and pistils steadily curling in. This would be my first female of this strain so I don’t know what to expect. They still feel and look healthy though.

She has just started week 5. What do you all think?

2 Likes

They look good!! If you drop the temp a little you will see even more of that purple. Once most all of your pistils have turned brown and curled up check you tricomes up in the buds. You probably already know that. Still got a way to go.

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the re-assurance. I now notice that the Punch Pie is starting to do the same although not as obvious.

1 Like

Completely normal for leaves to change color during flower. Looking good :v::bear:

2 Likes

Well I’m down to one plant as the Punch Pie started to hermie on me. It’s a shame as the colors were beginning to show:

Oh well, that’s what I can expect from bag seed. I know the mother (not my grow) was stressed due to late harvest. Funny though, of the 4 plants I have grown, this was the first to turn on me. Fluke maybe?

In the meantime, the GDP is still doing well I think. I can’t say if they will get much bigger but the buds are starting to ripen. I’ve been watering with hi-P guano and molasses. It might help during the plant’s final stages.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Damn hermie. Your gdp looks great though. I run 2 ts1000s in a 2x4 and have a buddy that also uses 2 ts1000s in a 3x3 with great results.

2 Likes

I use a ts1000 and a ts600 in a 1.5x2.75 and it does the job decent. Gave my dense nugs. Im about to get a 2x2 tent so imma get another ts1000

2 Likes

Yeah I think they are pretty decent lights. My grow I am running now is wrapping up friday. I will be real close to pulling a pound off 300 watts of light. Thats right at 1.5g per watt. I can not complain.

2 Likes

Sweet. A lbs of dry weight would be incredible under 2 of those. I would buy the hlg’s and i do want them but i try not to invest too much(as if i havent spent enough already) cause i live in good ol’ houston tx and gotta be careful anyways. I only grow for myself and purely as a hobby and have everything i need for a good grow and with that said im happy with my ts600 and ts1000. Definitely better than the blurples i started with

1 Like

I agree with both of you. These lights can do good with all other else being up to snuff as well. For a 3x3, I found good edge to edge coverage right up to the tent walls, penetrating a little under a foot into the canopy, this with the light at 16".
Some pics:

Some examples of side shoots:

Right at the far corner of tent:

Buds look and feel dense. Smell comes and goes. And speaking of smell, when I chopped the Punch Pie down, I had to hang it in a closet by the door for about an hour. Pretty soon I could hear footsteps and murmurs by my door. Haha. I live in a senior’s residence so neighbors can be nosy, literally and figuratively.

Cheers and happy growing.

5 Likes