Trying this indoor growing thing

I’m using QB’s and able to cool my tent down. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have never used a Qb but for the $700+ For a 5x5 not this guy on my light mover I’m in a 5x8 I have way more room then that but I’m covering more then a 5x5

Okay. So, this is what I think I am going to give a whirl. 60x60x80tent, 8" in line carbon filter, 1,000 watt metal halide/hps dimmable ballast fan cooled fixture, I have ordered multiple hanging straps, an oscillating fan and 2 power strips. I am going back and forth 10 gallon or 5 gallon cloth pots, I have the 5 gallon on order, just had the 10 gallon on hand. I will send the LED’s back when they come in, or can keep, if y’all think it will help. Not sure whether to use 4 or 6 pots, kinda leaning more towards 4 but, would prefer 6. What do y’all think? Will this be sufficient or not

I can say this…it’s going to be cramped. I have a 4x4 and one plant took the whole space because I didn’t know how to do a Scrog. I am sorta lollipopping here slowly.

I have 3 babies growing and a .4th to put in my grow bucket. If you train the plants correctly 4 plants should be a problem.

This is my crazy GSC. She is 60” tall and more than 39” wide. This was before I joined this forum. Lots of good information.

This is sorta close to what she looks like right now.

So, in your opinion I should stick to 4 or less? What sized pots??? I am trying to plan this out right. Like I stated earlier, I try to follow the 6 P’s rule. Prior, Preparation, Prevents, Piss, Poor performance.

2 Likes

I think 4 will be fine. As long as you are controlling the growth. I k ow I am pushing with 5. One of them is already in the 3rd week of flowering so I’m not to concerned with 5 plants at the same time.

And my tent is 4x4.

I understand that light is one of the most important aspects. I am just trying to make sure that I have the proper balance of light and space. If it is an ID10T, issue that is on me. Operator errors are unavoidable. This I understand.

1 Like

I forgot to mention this. If the seeds are the same strain, this should make it even easier for you. This group will be fun as the seeds fell into the toilet. Three of the Four seeds was able to grow.

My 3 babies I have growing will be one of these scenarios. One with be 3 Blue Dream or 2 Blue Dream and 1 Peach Purée CBD. I’m hoping for the latter. The 2 plants are pretty much the same growth size. The 3rd is not.

I have got an auto-flower 00 bubble gum, that I ordered from a different seed bank, in anticipation of my order from ILGM, only 2-3 days old, I also have a few plants that I started from Wally World fruit that I actually ate, black cherry and nectarine, Kinda surprised and impressive, considering the price of comparable plants. And this just with a nut-cracker, some zip-lock sandwich bags, a refrigerator and some paper towels and patience. That being said, I am a firm believer in research and discussion before you start a new project. If I can accomplish this this with wally-world eatable fruit, I should be able to accomplish this with my favorite product. I joke with my wife, I call this eat and shop product. Like I said before, I was a pretty efficient at growing outdoors, just trying to get the indoor thing right from the get go. I know operator errors can’t be avoided and it is a learning curve. Just want to be sure the initial set-up is correct and with y’alls help, I will conquer the rest of the issues.

So, 4 10 gallon or 4 5gallon?

I use 5 gallon buckets I bought from Wally World and they work great for me. Keyword…for me.i have 4 buckets in the grow room and this crop run if going to be like a sardine can if I don’t Scrog.

1 Like

10/4 got it. I have 5 gallon coming. Will probably go with 3 or 4. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Like I said earlier, I am new to this indoor grow thing. Getting tired of animals, insects and thieves getting over half of my crop. They are all in the same category in my opinion. If I screw up then , I screw up. ID10T error. If I don’t set-up correctly, I didn’t follow the 6 P’s rule that is very important to me. Just my thing, not every ones thing. I don’t want a snafu, due to not proper set-up.

2 Likes

It’s so much easier to grow indoors. I said in another thread a buddy of mine had 12 plants outdoors. Only 2 made it to harvest. He lost 10 from flooding and deer munching on the plants.

Proper lighting and a proper nutrient schedule makes for smooth sailing in the Indoor Grows.

1 Like

This forum is great as you read people’s grow journals and read questions and answers you will see they know their stuff. I’m just a beginner and so far they helped me thru fixing a broken branch, how to apply low stress training and super cropping and mainly how to hsve patience and not freak out because I think they’re dying because it can be fixed just ask for help

1 Like

I still plan to grow a few outdoors when the season is right. I live on a mountain so, no worries about flooding. Deer, other critters, and thieves are my main concern. I will only do a few outdoors and hopefully, keep them closer so, I can keep a better eye on them.

1 Like

This is so true. I have never had access to this much knowledge, it has always been trial and error

2 Likes

Okay. So, I am waiting for my new equipment to arrive. I am going to be using a 1000 watt metal halide/hps fan cooled. I have an 8" exhaust fan with a carbon filter. My intent is to run the carbon filter through the light and then exhaust to the exterior. I am assuming this is the correct method, from the information I have been able to obtain. I will be in a 60x60x80 tent. I am going to use 5 gallon cloth pots, instead of the 10 gallon as suggested. 4-6 pots, I will make that decision when, I get everything set up. Leaning more towards 4, from what I have learned. From my understanding, metal halide for veg and hps for flower. Is this correct? Just trying to make sure that I am following the 6 P’s rule that I mentioned earlier. what height above my plants should my lights be? Your thoughts, advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. By the way, has anyone had any experience with this product, General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer? Supposedly you can use it in soil also.

1 Like

For info on lights tag @dbrn32 ,seems to be the expert. I know on mine on big plant during veg and flowering my light is 18 to 24 inches from plant but I don’t grow in a tent. So @dbrn32 can you help? My other questions I’ve been tagging @PurpNGold74 and @LoCoRock so can you answer the rest of his questions? Thank you

1 Like

Also @GreenJewels and @Skydiver @Missiles can help with nutrients for your girls good luck on your growing I’ll be checking back to see how you’re doing

3 Likes