Trim, Flower kind of lost?

So this is an Auto Cheese 3 weeks old, I was wondering if it should be trimmed, then as I looked closer it looks like the top is Flowering. Now I’m new this is first plant but isn’t that a tad fast for flowering? And if it is I’m now what lol

2 Likes

1 Like

Autoflowers, man. They do what they want. Usually they go till 4 weeksish, but this happens unfortunately.

This is plant

3 Likes

Auto seeds go into flowering when their internal clock reaches certain maturity and time regarles of the size of the plant , let it flower drop some more seeds they don’t care about light schedule- not autos - you can basically run a flowering plant and a veg plant in the same tent when they are auto seeds

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah I have another plant same age right next to it but not flowering yet. Also just planted 3 White Widow CBD Autos, haven’t popped thru soil yet, only been 2 days in different tent. So I’m just going to let her do her thing see how it goes and learn from it. Been fun so far so I’m not disappointed at all really, just wasn’t expecting it to flower so fast. Live and learn, gain experience and grow more!
Maybe top one of the others see how I like that as these were not topped, mainly because I was afraid of screwing it up lol. Have more seeds so have plenty of time for learning. Appreciate everyone’s help and encouragement, it’s nice to have. I’m good at taking criticism don’t be shy, I’m not, very out spoken person always have been always will be.

2 Likes

They looking good the more hands on experience you get the better , the plants in flower are gonna drink more water so you might have to water more those ones

2 Likes

I find that most autos grown optimally start flower between weeks 3-5 my durban sunrise did it at day 23 then 3 more of my 8 strains started within the next 2-3 days

2 Likes

As @Dankloud and @GreenSnek said, autos can show flowering at 3-5, that’s been my experience. I typically top around week 3 Tbis usually gives a week to recover and move into pre-flower. After she recovers and starts her growth again I start with LST on the sides and mains I topped when they’re long enough to tie down. And spread out :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The last auto I grew took 50+ days before flowering. Others the more normal time period of 28 days + -
You never know.

2 Likes

All my autos usually pop soil and about 28 to 32 days til flower. I did almost kill on that was severe stunted it took 2 months before she flowered but she did have some of the best smoke on her

2 Likes

So this is where the girls live, I have 3 fans total, one at top, two at bottom and also above the upper fan I vented in my central air thru one vent hole. Problem is even with all that temps are reaching 90f. Light is a 250w dimmable and is down to about 200-220ish (used watt meter) even with tent door open as you can see, temps stick around 84-86. Plants don’t seem to mind it looks like, I mean no signs of burn or heat stress that I can see anyways. Just keep seeing temp should never get above 82f.
@Randy_Marsh @Mark0427 @Dankloud @GreenSnek @beardless @OGIncognito @

1 Like

The ambient temp is usually higher than the leaf temp. It is the leaf temp that is important. The leaf temp is lower because of transpiration / evaporation and air movement. I hit low 80s regularly. You should be fine.

Thanks, I put my hand at leaf level and doesn’t feel that warm, not much more room for more fans lol. Next tent will be much bigger and should accommodate temps better. Now that they are flowering should I just crank light up all the way? Not a lot more to go but. It’s at 18" right now.

1 Like

i keep my lights at 18 inches start to finish. i dont have dimmer switch so they are just on or off.

Thanks, they seem to like it there so always do what your woman want.

1 Like

happy wife happy life

1 Like

34 years in the trenches (hope she doesn’t see this), I definitely agree!!

3 Likes

if my wife lets me ill be celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary this july, 21 years together. its been a long bumpy road but i wouldnt change a thing.

1 Like

Bumps are the best part, keeps you on your toes. Gotta love em.

1 Like