Time to defoliate?

Starting week 5 of flower, should I defolitate or leave them as is? And how much and/or what should I cut?
Thank y’all!!
FYI:
I f7cking LOVE this site!! I wanna kiss the person who started this!!:kissing_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Yea it is a kicka… site. Fricking godsend.

Now on the defoliation… u wanna start low as possible. Try to work your way up a few inches removing those little budsites and leaves that wont amount to very much anyway.

6 Likes

Thank you, I couldn’t agree w’ya more!! So you’re saying just clean it the bottom and leave the tops leaves on?
I was watching a YT video that Jose C. made where he says you don’t want to trim leaves during flower. Apparently the buds get some of their nutes from the leaves.

2 Likes

Im definitely not big on heavy duty defoils. More of a lazy grower and leaves give me a bit of a cushion when i forget to feed water.

But those lowers are just using wasted energy. All that focus should be going to your upper areas.

I actually could have went a bit higher here. Those lowers become popcorn nuggs barely over a gram. When that energy definitely coulda went to use helping my colas get fat.

5 Likes

I knew starting websites would pay off eventually :kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Lol…well pucker up guy or girl cuz you’re getting one!!:kissing_closed_eyes::grinning:

4 Likes

How far up should I cut off? Or what should I look for that would tell me, “Leave that one on.”
Thanx y’all!!:grin:

2 Likes

If you can, try to snap a pic of them from the side. you can isolate or focus on one specific plant. And ill add lines where id start the pruning.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!:hugs:
I hope these are suffice?

4 Likes

No problem chica! Just wanna see ya growing dope smoke in no time.

And most of the plants I see are already quite tall and the bottoms goners. But on quite a few I see budsites all the way to the stalk. Those one or two closer to the main stalk on most branches can go.

But overall your about where you want to be. Looking at the setup I have SOOOOO many questions :joy:. But ill settle for my top 3

Kinda light you rocking?
How long did you veg those ladies?
What strains?

4 Likes

Those lowest branches hidden by the canopy can go too. They won’t make anything for you and they are robbing your energy :cowboy_hat_face::pray:

I like your garden :partying_face:

2 Likes

Are budsites not good? I don’t know what that means…lol…I abhor being so obtuse on this. I’m so thankful for y’a right now!! Who wants me to fly em out to San Diego & “fix” this for me?! Lol
Ummm…the lights I bought on Amazon …BUT…I just bought a Mars Hydro FC 6500, just waiting for that to get here.
I bought them as clones but I vegged for about 8 weeks. I sorta messed up after vegging so I put them back on 24 for 5 days …18/6 for another 5 days & then back to 12/12. Now they’re in their 5th week of flower
5 ft 2 in
115 lbs
Shoe size 7 1/2
Depending on the brand I can be a 0 or 2 in jeans.
I’m usually an extra small to small in tops
And the BEST NFL team is the Dallas Cowboys!!
Oh sh7t I almost forgot…lol…the strains are Space queen, Jack Herrer & Hawaiian Punch

6 Likes

Hahahahahahahahah. Omg… i dont even know how to respond. Screenshot this :poop:. Purp speechless

8 Likes

But WAIT…lol… what’s a budsite?! Lol

Not sure you can say it on here but, Daauummm!
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

What say you Purp?? :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Still lmao and the Mrs too! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
@Covertgrower @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 y’all have to check this conversation out!
:point_up_2::point_up_2:

4 Likes

You want to lollipop the bottom where Eve you feel light isn’t going to penetrate and I only do a few leaves a night to not over stress it but remove any ph fan leaves that are blocking bud sites you want to open them up a bud site is where the buds the going to come together and form right in the internodes get on google and look some stuff up for sure a lot of reading and don’t want to defoliate too far into flowering after about theee weeks of flowering depending on strain ill only pluck what’s dying off or looking bad.

1 Like

Wait, was it something I said?! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Dude, Dallas IS the best NFL team!!!:grin:
But WAIT, what’s a budsite?!:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Lol

3 Likes

Haha ok im back and with actual answers.

1. No, nothing you said. How u said it… i the eloquence :raised_hands:t5:
  2. You cant possibly mean the Cowgirls can you?
  3. Budsites are the little hairy girl parts (pistils). So little lower budsites like this…

The exnodes would have become budsites but theyve already been removed.

Also sidenote: Real colors. Purple and gold

2 Likes

I totally agree!! :+1:t2: That’s what I’ve been tryin to tell them. :wink:

3 Likes