Spraying during flower without burn

I try not to have to spray down my plants in flower but sometimes i have to do it to get control of pm and no matter what time i spray i always seem to burn some hairs even when i spray as soon as the lights are about to go out and i have plenty of fans in there and when i look at it 12 hours later when the lights go back on i see burnt hairs… what am i not doing right? I thought spraying at lights out is the right way to do it should i keep the lights off for longer or something?

1 Like

I wouldn’t spray in flower. That’s usually from seedling stage. As not to over water them.
I’m confused about the control of pm?
I would also think that you may be setting yourself up for bud mold by spraying in flower.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t spray anything on flowers on a routine basis. The risks outweigh the potential benefits. The best way to mitigate mold is to ensure adequate airflow and proper humidity.

4 Likes

Good timing @MidwestGuy
I was getting ready to tag you and @Fieldofdreams :+1:

3 Likes

@Woodrow as always @MidwestGuy is an encyclopedia of correctness lol. Most of the garden safe type insecticides I’ve looked at previously aren’t recommended during flower and I don’t personally want to ingest any. Increased air flow with heavy defol & lollipopping is what I’ve been doing plus an exhaust fan pulling humidity from the tent. Thank you for the tag!!

2 Likes

@xwhitex all I see are normal browning of your pistols, I must be missing what you are seeing. We’re they not orange the evening before? Can you post a closeup of the problem area for the denser of us in the bunch-me lol.

2 Likes

yea it was weird cuz they wernt all amber like that befor i sprayed a little then in the morning they were all ambered out and i usually never spray the buds but sometimes i hit a few smaller ones depending on where the pm is and iv have never had mold issues in the years of gorwing i always keep fans everywhere and the humidity in check i try not to spray in flower but and try to just defoliate any leaves with pm but if i see it picking up i will spray 1 time and hit all the affected areas, that usually keep it back enough so its fine until harvest but the new buds i do hit always gets all the hairs ambered out when they were all white the night before its weird

How high did the humidity get while the lights were out (after you sprayed)?

1 Like

was just under 65 for a few hours then goes back down to 50

1 Like

That shouldn’t have been enough to cause it. Perplexing.