Self topping plant and sister updates white widow fem

I don’t know if i’m insanely lucky or if i’ve done something wrong but both my plants have multiple new grow sites still in solo cups. the first one i don’t think it was going to make it early on because it was tiny and wasn’t growing at all,and was deformed on top, till i realized it had 2 new main stems forming now it is still short but 2 full forming tops but under those 4 new tops forming about 3 weeks in. the second has been looking normal till a couple days ago,like 3 nodes down i now have 2 new grow sites. my question is is this on purpose like genetically are your seeds supposed to “self” top? WW fem

3 Likes

would you happen to have pics @smok77 ? [quote=“garrigan65, post:13, topic:7818”]
OPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or

Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be
[/quote]

pictures than answers this is plant number 1 you can see new growth in the last picture at both nodes

3 Likes

this is plant number 2 both the second pictures have new growth but its still very small from bottom theres the yellow leaves then a node then the next node has growth but im noticing now you cant tell in the pictures of every node has growth

2 Likes

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)? white widow fem

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container? indoor

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)? 2x4x5 ft ish

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type? soil ffof

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant? na

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir. i gave them a little sip of some AN at .5ml per 3l and only did it once and poored the rest of the 3l out

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?
HOT i was sitting between 83-90 but today i got up to like 95 F
Humidity %? Day vs. night 16-25% both

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? led its a 600w actual is like 286 i think

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? fans … i dont know

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or

Bloom/flowering? i put them in the rapid rooter 3w - month ago

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be

1 Like

okay @smok77 ,the first thing i would do is get those beauty’s out of the solo cups…
those plants are ready to grow but they have limited space…root bound
another issue with them being this size is the heat…i try not to let temps get over 84f.
humidity should be twice that i believe…
what kind of pots do you have to transplant them into?
@Hogmaster what is your take on this?

3 Likes

I have generic 10g square smart pots or just fabric pots and they are ready for transplant when i get off work tomorrow. i know temp is a problem i need to buy a better fan asap but my tent is almost the exact size of my closet so its just all hot air in there i leave the door open as much as i can.

2 Likes

The top picture looks like it did self top ?
How far away is the light ? If it too close that can keep them short cause they aren’t looking for the light ?
And i would definitely get them into bigger pots as @BIGE mentioned @smok77

If they are self topping mutations, it’s expected that growth will be stunted.

Whenever you top a plant it slows its growth to kinda reset the growing pattern. Doing this on its own doesn’t make it any easier on the plant.

No need to stress over it. They may be stunted, but then, they may surprise you with some dense growth habits.

Make sure you prune for good airflow…

2 Likes

i transplanted last night because i got worried about getting root bound and now my light is 30in from plants, in the solo cups they were about 24in away and until 2 or 3 days ago i was using a 300w led (actual unknown) and yes the top plant started when it was only a couple days old so you can see the 2 stems but those 2 are about to be 4 atleast

new pictures first plant same as yesterday

3 Likes

Dude, if we could come up with a strain of that we’d be wealthy. Notice how I said we. Congrats. Keep posting photos.

1 Like

I am having a plant do something similar i haven’t topped or fim this plant in any way just natural growth well maybe not natural but it did all on it’s own @Happy_Pappy @smok77

3 Likes

why do the tips of some of the leaves look curled?

so this is my self topper now updated,i just topped the back top

this is my other, you’ll notice it has 3 leaves at the nodes, well the top one you can see and i topped it and it turned into 3 but most of the lower 3rd leaves ive cut off to get those side branches going

1 Like

Good job. Looks great.

ive been trimming and cutting full leaves off like at least a Good few daily is that bad? it seems to be helping the side branches

Once you remove the leaf from the branch site it will force that branch out to make up for the lost power supply the removed leaf was generating.

Defoliation is a valid trick for creating more branches, but there is still debate on whether it is productive or not.

I grow outside, so grasshoppers defoliate enough that I don’t have to think about it. I will trim a leaf once it has enough damage that it’s no longer an asset or if I need better airflow.

It’s best to let them die off naturally…

1 Like

alright so ima just dump a bunch of picture

tell me what you think

2 Likes