RO Setup advice needed

Thank you!
@Mosca that pretty interesting I never thought of going that route, are you currently using the zero water setup?

@Low thank you, I think you are completely right on both points, going to probably go straight to the 50 I’m sure I will be happy I did down the road. I was also reading through your thread and I cant say anything but I am amazed. Do you mind if I follow along?

@Cap_Ron thanks! I have a couple of the regular hand trucks but the folding milwaukee might be something I need to pickup. About a year and a half ago my local hd had the rigid rolling stackable tool box systems on sale for a ridiculous price - Im not a rigid guy but for the price I couldn’t say no. Bought 4 sets - all they had and they have been working out pretty good

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate you taking them time to help me

2 Likes

West Tx. Hard waters, most water is piped 100 miles or further. Only a few towns have a private lakes, that doesnt mean a healthy public water system. Water wells and public waters can have 350 ppm to begin with.

Those 300+ ppm were not designed to help seedlings, clones, and early vegitive plants to thrive.

Its advised to feed clones, seedlings, early veg late veg preflower, flowering. Targeted ppms.

How do you feed a seedling 300 ppm if your tap or water well is already starting at 300 ppm?

Britas are 2 stage filters, a 3rd party epa testing showd city tap wells snd 2 stage filters avg ppm to start with on avg 157 ppm. Zero Waters are 5 stsge filters, cost more. New filter,000 ppm starting.

I like feeding the desired numbers.

The results show for themselves.


Less than 24hrs growth

1 Like

@Mosca thanks for the details you convinced me I just picked up the zero water filter you have and I will try it out while I’m getting the full ro system setup. Thanks again for taking the time to go through this with me!

1 Like

Most welcome, wife said if the new wears off, she would pull the filter and dispense sweet tea from it inside the fridge.

 It appears as 20 gals filtered comes to 6 ppm.  If filtration slows, after empty, unscrew filter and give it a shake.  Re install and it will continue to filter.  How long?  Currently finding out.  Used since oct, 1st.  Coffee, drinking waters, plants.

 Tested the tds pen with others, very ballpark.