Ready to start a small grow first time

Ahh it was @Skydiver
Here for the DFI info @DankGunslinger

@PurpNGold74 & @Covertgrower I hear you both, :+1:.
We will see if @Myfriendis410 has some solid data to chime in with but aside from that I think we are all on the same page

@MattyBear is your man. He played with lowering PH and temps to force color changes (in a Black D.O.G.?) But you are talking about pretty extreme departures from nominal–like low 4/s.

Nah. More 6.3-6.5 is soil. 5.8-6 in promix coco. 5.5 in hydro. Type of drop. Im all for the ph waaaay outta wack for colors

6.2-6.7 or 6.3-6.8 PH in soil is referenced by multiple different universities and labs at commercial grows as the ideal soil range.

I was saying more the lower optimum range is more optimum for late flower.

The thing MyFriend referred to, we discussd on another thread. Colors come from temps dropping AND if u throw ph far out of range u can get some wicked stuff.

We are all cowboys in the wild wild west here still while commercial growers do things their way.


(no info on PH)

But yeah strain and temp definitely play a factor.

I’m at 6.3 first grow I kept it at 5.8 and I thought it seemed too low. My temp is 77ish but at lights out it drops to 69.

Ok again i mean late flower range. Like after week 6. N is barely needed at all. And PK should still be available along with majority of micronutes.

Definitely not smart to run that low all grow. But by this point, using lower end seems to have :+1:t5: Effect.

Like @Nicky said. I have no hard data to support it. So grain of salt as always with my advice.

And im pretty sure my lights out got into the 50s this grow. Upper 50s but still…

Like you said earlier @PurpNGold74 all the controls and research it just keeps getting better and better. I was intrigued when I read how a refractometer can be used to see the sugars in a plant. I have one but I’m way far out from even wanting to play with that.hehe

Man what is with that plant I know you can grow bigger then that am I missing something?
Why Temps so low?

@DankGunslinger
Go on…

I only have a 2x2 aluminum sheet with 200w of light. My grow should be called ā€˜what not to do for maximum yield’

I aggressively top once, taking between 1/3 and 1/2 the top off to promote short squat growth with 4 main tops. Then i had NO BLOOM boost at all til late week 6. Had multiple weeks without any water. Just a myriad of selfinflictd issues.

Plus she was a lanky one regardless. And my light is still like 2-3 ft above plant canopy… tryna maximize spread. The seedlings in the late sept drop are actually 3-4 ft away from light and have been on 12/12 from seed. Nothing about my grow is ā€˜optimal’ but im on a strict budget. Will get serious one day…

And i dropped temps just to see if i can finally get some color in those buds.

Well some. Might give up but your still dragging it through the closet strong :+1:
I spent the $ but don’t have the time so I get you

Yup. Plant version of ā€˜Naked and Afraid’

Gets me something tho

Round 2 i had all the time in the world. They got my full undivided attention and i got almost 2 grams a watt :joy:. This time? Ill be lucky to be between .5-.75 :man_facepalming:t5::man_facepalming:t5:

I’m mimicking nighttime temps. In nature it gets cooler at night. Probably doesn’t do anything but I’ve done it this entire grow.

@Nicky @merlin44 @Mote @kettle @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 just now still on veg 6/2.! They’re still heavy from watering yesterday.

perfect looking plants, buddy… if everyone could lst like that…:grin:

I know I know but I’m worried it was on 12/12 for 6 days when this happened. Hope they dont hermie. They’re fem photos. I’m not that good at lst but thank you friend. To be fair they hadn’t really grew much yet and they just are kinds getting that green apple bud site look. So I’m hoping I can flip them again.

I don’t know too much about that, did you say they were on 12/12 for six days then back to veg…?:grimacing:

that sounds not ideal, obviously… :wink: I must have missed this elsewhere… there are products but I don’t know what’s in them… good luck buddy, remember its just a few plants but a learning experience for all of us…:grin: