Random Auto Help

Thanks to @Not2SureYet I will be going full auto for my next grow. I believe my problems in previous auto grows was two part. 1 I topped them and 2 knowing when to switch from veg nutes to flower nutes and I over fed them N in flowering stage. So can someone give me some advice on the nutes and also is their a specific soil that’s better for autos? I will post a service ticket with the info I have to help.

3 Likes
  • RQS Diesel
  • Soil (HELP)
  • Opulent 5g grow bags
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) N/A for now
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution (if applicable) N/A for now
  • Indoor 32x32x60 Tent
  • LED (blurple 280w actual)
  • Temps (Day 75-80) (Night 68-74)
  • Humidity (Day 50-55%) (Night 55-65%)
  • 195 cfm intake and exhaust
  • AC (in room with tent) Humidifier (oil diffuser with water in it) Dehumidifier (damprid)
  • No CO2 added
2 Likes

I use Fox Farn Ocean Forest SOil for my autos, and haven’t had any problems. As for nutes, when I see the first pistils, I usually wait a week and then start my flower nutes at a half dosage, and work my way up to full strength within 2 weeks…

I have had no real problems in my short 3 years of growing (knocks on wood)…

5 Likes

@Ron330 thank you for the reply. I have ffof from other grows but wasn’t sure with autos if it would still be too hot when flower started.

3 Likes

@RandomlyRan I have had no issues with FFOF, the seedling stage is the most critical, I dont feed mine anything untill the start of week 3 (I figure the cotyledon leaves and soil take care of it until then)…

By the time they flower, I figure I washed out alot of the natural nutes in the soil just by watering. But I always start low on nutes, and work up the strength, adjusting if I see problems…

3 Likes

Fox farm is a great soil it’s a little hot and can burn your seeds up a little bit when it’s a seedling And to be honest you really don’t have to feed them at all you can and it will bulk them up some but I’ve done a side-by-side with pro mix I did a minimal feeding and no feeding on the Fox Farm and turned out about identical if you don’t go with Fox Farm you can always go with pro mix and you can control every bit of the nutrients to go into your plant hope this helps

4 Likes

It’s my favorite.

Why don’t you see if @Not2SureYet will mentor you. Then you listen to him and him alone. I can personally attest to his skill with growing; both autos and photos.

4 Likes

And if all party’s agree we can make it a little easier for you guys to Communicate

4 Likes

@Hogmaster @Myfriendis410 thanks guys for the replies. Last time I did autos i was afraid of the ffof because it’s hot. I used top soil and peat with ff trio. Promix is something I’ve never used personally.
What parties? Mods for pm purposes etc? @Not2SureYet are you willing to walk me thru your auto grows? Do you have a journal on autos I can read?

2 Likes

I would be willing to help you out if he is unavailable we can figure something out

3 Likes

I have grown hundreds and hundreds of different autos with different results I like the pro mix because there’s really nothing in it and you are controlling 100% of the nutrients to go into your plant the pro mix no bs you can water it and it has enough to go all the way I have a journal on here somewhere with several autos including the side-by-side with nutrients and no nutrients

5 Likes

I am willing to give the promix a go. I will search for the journal. Do you know what the title is? Autos have always killed me lol. I want autonomous control and with auto I lose that control. Now I am more patient and I have a stash so I won’t rush just to smoke lol.

5 Likes

What flavors of nutrients do you think you’re going to go with I may even start autos with you and we can do a grow together

2 Likes

Coco and Promix are frankly much of a muchness. I do like Promix HP better than the Roots Organic coco simply because it’s a bit looser and airier than the coco. as it is I’m watering only every couple of days until late flower. But like Hog said: you control everything the plant gets (good and bad!) so you know precisely what you are smoking. No pests brought in like fungus gnats either. Plus; the growth rate in media is ridonculous compared to soil.

4 Likes

Well I will have to time my germ right. I have four in my tent now that won’t harvest til 1/1. For nutes I have ff trio and some Gh Flora series laying around. Oh and some ff gringo Rasta line. Ive always used ff because it was easily accessible before OK went medical.

4 Likes

Well I have all of that ff line and I would start a week or so before harvest when ever works for you I have gh to

3 Likes

Ok. Sounds good. That will give me time to go thru journals. I will have to read up on the promix.

5 Likes

It’s cheap and easy to grow in I use the pro mix bx

1 Like

Looks like you are covered. I will still tag along. :grin: If you are looking at the 1st of the year. I may drop an RQS as well. I haven’t grown one of those yet. I may even be able to use a vipar for it. I should have mine back by then :grin:

1 Like

I think That I am going to tag along for the ride if ya’ll don’t mind.

3 Likes