Photos or Autos, what’s the deal?!

I have been reading a lot on here of people saying that you shouldn’t grow autos and photos together and I’m wondering why? Currently I have both going in the same flower bed and I’m wondering if I should move them away from one another or does it really matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated on understanding exactly what’s the deal? Thanks

1 Like

You’ll be fine with both together.
I wouldn’t think it would do them any good to move them now after they’re established.
Probably do more harm than good now depending on their size.
:v:

1 Like

Photos trigger flowering when lighting reaches 12 - 14 hours of light per day. Autos flower on their own schedule regardless of nature’s photoperiod, generally some time between 4 and 7 weeks.

If you are outdoors, then the Mother Nature’s light schedule won’t matter much, though it can be a challenge to grow autos and photos together when the grow is indoors.

1 Like

Because you need to know and have the equipment and be prepared for both they all have their own way of growing but it’s a learning process …but everything is a hit and miss until you know what you are doing

1 Like

Yeah I’m growing outdoors so it’s not up to me when the light schedule changes. That makes sense now though with the lighting and the autos versus photos. That’s good information to know though so when I go indoors over the winter I will be better prepared. Thanks