Organic flushing

Growing organic in fox farm soil. Should i flush ?

2 Likes

What is your organic feeding schedule look like?
For example we grow 100% organic. Feed teas about every other week. Fresh water for everything else.

6 Likes

Dont know your soil but if a living soil all a flush does is kill it. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Short answer is no flush with organics.

2 Likes

I use to do a flush in organic, and loved the colors from the flush! But now I try to keep them happy and healthy and fed right up to chop time!

1 Like

Definitely no flushes in organic you will be flushing out all of your good guys as in microbes and all of your good stuff that they’ve built up :v:t2:

4 Likes

Not living soil…in 5 gal pots, using happy frog organic nutes. Middle of week 5 and they seem to be taking less water and have stalled it.looks like. Thank you for all the answers

1 Like

If you’re using Fox farms nutrients then yes definitely flush go by the manufacturer’s recommendations

3 Likes

Help me understand why u need to flush …all the nutes are omri listed…wont that flush all the good stuff out?

1 Like

I didn’t know they made an organic line of nutes. I know some products are OMRI listed, but a whole lineup? Fox Farms are notorious for salt buildup, so that’s why you’re being told to flush per feeding chart.

With organics, there’s not really a flush. Microbes and enzymes don’t stop eating and releasing nutrients. That last couple weeks are just water while you experience the fade. For me, those last weeks are brown sugar water. That keeps the micro heard busy with sugars and not eating my amendments.

8 Likes

What nute line up are you using? Either list the name on the bottle or snap a pic of them. FF nutes as mentioned will create a salt build up at the rootzone which is why if you look at their feeding chart, sledgehammer is used to wash out the salt build up that can lead to nute lock out during flower. @newt uses their products to a tee. Can you help maybe explain it better Newt?

3 Likes

I do use FF. I follow this guide:

I’d be happy to try to answer any questions.

3 Likes

So your prefer over molasses? Do tell more of this brown sugar feeding? I don’t think I’ll ever completely quit growing organically. I can’t think of a better way to run autos. Super soil and water :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

I only switch from molasses to raw brown sugar at the end because it’s in a more available form of carbs for the microbes. They get consumed with eating it rather than the amendment cations.

3 Likes

Meow
Good to know thanks

4 Likes

Sorry, I was just re-reading. That was before my morning coffee & clip

Less available form…

It’s like meth to them, and they just can’t leave dat crystals alone.

3 Likes

Why flush with organics? Are you really using that mush ‘stuff’? Sometimes less is best. I guess I have never fed so much nutrients where I think I need to flush it to reap the benefits.

When growing organic overtime’s your soil will have everything the plant needs. The plant will know when to soak it up an at what time in life.

4 Likes