OK for Supplemental Lighting

i have some decent LED grow, Mars and Mezhei, not even sure if they are still in prodiction…lights, but curious how these led shop lights would work in addition to my dedicated lighting
5500 Lumen, 4 ft. Linkable LED Hanging Shop Light (harborfreight.com) i have 3, but im willing to sacrifice 2 if need be

2 Likes

No, these lights won’t cut it. They arent full spectrum

3 Likes

The white light produced by most household LED fixtures is less Photosynthetically active. That just means the plant won’t make as much energy as it would with a full spectrum light. Red and blue wavelengths are much more efficient and natural for your plant. That being said, if the shop lights are just collecting dust it wouldn’t hurt to experiment and see if they make a meaningful difference.

3 Likes

well i guess since its just supplemental lighting, ill give them a try, cant hurt right? ill use them vertically, and rotate the plants every day or so, so its distributed all around

thanks

3 Likes

That is what I would’ve recommended. I have been tossing the idea around of getting full spectrum tubes 2 or 4 for my tent. Phatten up the lower nugs.

2 Likes

hell yeah, thats the plan!

1 Like

When you have your setup going you should share some pics

2 Likes

For sure…but it will be very basic…no grow tent or anything fancy

I think you all have inspired me. I might try using some of my extra lights down low.