Not Sure WTH is Go'in On

Not really sure what’s go’in on here. Put this lady out the 1st of April. No sun since the ice age it seems. Anyways, the ole b!tch ain’t grow’in much. Took a look-see today and found this. Flower or no flower??? This is from a GDP seed I bought here @ ILGM. All were supposed to be photos but…

Even if it is an auto flowe r it still doesn’t look right. Never seen this before. Only 2 bud sites. Maybe each bud will weigh a quarter pound. He,he!!!

You put it out too soon you have to wait until the end of May to put a sexually mature plant outside if its a photo. Its gonna start to reveg in June then it will transition back to flowering mid August

6 Likes

What up @plumbdand. For years I’ve put my outdoor girl out just soon as the frost breaks. 1st time this has EVER happened. Like I said, no sun. Where I live, I hafta get’er out ASAP as the grow’in season isn’t really long enough t

1 Like

Photo period plants will start flowering if put out too early. Putting out early does not make the finish earlier. They flower and finish based on the amount of sunlight/darkness. Most photo periods become sexually mature at 6-7 weeks. So even if you started from seed April 1st they could start flowering mid May. If you put a 2-3 week old photo outside April 1st it could start flowering the beginning of May. Theres multiple threads on here about this. It happens every year. Starting a photo early does not make it finish any earlier. I start mine in April and usually put them outside the 1st week of June.

2 Likes

I just stole this off the internet. Theresca lot better explanations than this but this one will do

If you get your outdoor plants going early in the season, e.g. around March the dark overnight period is still long enough to force photoperiod feminised strains to bloom.

This can be an issue for the growers that were tempted outdoors a little too early in the season (perhaps due to a freak early heat wave). The best option is to ensure that you have a period of artificial light to break the period of overnight darkness.

A security light, or similar, which comes on for just a few minutes will do the job and ensure the plant remains in vegetive growth. With prolonged vegetive growth the plant can grow into a large size, especially if it was started early in the year.

In Europe many that grow at Southern Latitudes (Spain, Italy, Greece etc) will start their outdoor plants as early as February, perhaps with protection from a heated greenhouse/polytunnel (if local conditions are still a little too cold). Using artificial lights on for a small part of the overnight ensures the plants grow in veg mode even though the days have perhaps only 9 hours of light.

Outdoor growers that put their plants out in e.g. May often never see their outdoor plants flower too early. That’s because the number of daylight hours in May is significantly higher than March, making it easy for photoperiod feminised cannabis strains to settle into veg mode with the long summer days.

1 Like

Days are to short still i done same thing this year had to move back inside an put under lights to finish the flowering that i didnt want to start yet lol good luck

1 Like

Hi @plumbdand. Just seems strange that I’ve done the same thing for years and never had this problem. The sun has been the only thing different…damn the sun! I spose she’s gonna do what what she’s gonna do. Guess I’ll see huh.

![20240512_195610|690x388](upload://jJR38dXm YtPlO5oF3skjkCiAfu9.jpeg)

2 Likes

Its not the amount of daylight that matters. Its the amount of darkness that triggers flowering. Anything more than 10 hours of darkness can trigger flowering. Sometimes that can be interrupted by turning a light on for just a short time. A lot of outdoor growers that want to get some extra veg time will put a light outside to give them a little extra light until June to keep them from flowering. It dont take much a simple light bulb or a flood light is
all you need. It will give you bigger plants and more yeild but wont make them finish any sooner.
google Grow weed easy accedental revegging.

2 Likes

Agreed, just wanted to add that plant maturity can impact some. Putting a plant a couple weeks old early can play a little differently than a plant that’s mature enough to flower.

Sitting on typical veg schedule of 18 hours and then moving outside to something like 13-14 hours of light is enough to initiate flowers in a mature plant. The kicker now is that since daylight hours are still extending this plant will go back into veg eventually. Probably see it in a few weeks.

You’ll probably be better off starting new plants as this one will burn up most of the quality growing time transitioning back to veg and then to flower yet again.

1 Like

Its probably too late for anything now @dbrn32. Here in this POS Midwest state I live in the outdoor growing season simply ain’t long enough. I’ll just let her be. No more sun than we’re getting it wouldn’t do any good now.

1 Like

Sounds like we probably live in the same state :rofl:. Congrats on hanging out for 8 years too!

1 Like

Happy cake day! @Gilly

1 Like

Thanks much @dbrn32 . Even though its now legal here this state will ALWAYS $UCK!!! Should have stayed in Nebraska! Didn’t realize it had been 8 years already. I’ve learned a lot and still learning too. Thanks again man.

1 Like

I guess depends on definition of “legal”. It’s legal to buy the state approved weed here. Not legal to posses anything without tax stamp and not legal to grow unless you jump through the hoops and pay the state.

1 Like

Hey there @dbrn32. Same here pretty much. Gotta have a medical marijuana card, (1% tax) on the goods. W/a card you can grow 5 plants. Do I have 1…he!! no! Why pay for a card when I can walk in and buy it. (And pay tax) Don’t do that either. Pi$$ on the state, they get enough of my breads the way it is. Our governor is nothing but a big fatt POS anyways.

1 Like

We’re definitely in the same state. Governor jelly belly is a dead giveaway haha

1 Like