Not stretching?

So my three fem photos are 14 days today into flipping to flower. And I have seen very very very minimal stretching if any. I’ve noticed only a bit on one plant that’s it. Sitting under 630w nanolux ledzx. At 420 w at the moment.
Is this a bad sign for the rest of flower…… should I be concerned or looking for an issue?

They seem to be pretty happy from what I can tell. Trimmed them up a little and cleaned up the bottoms/lollipopped today. Hopefully they like that and grow some.

All three are Sweet N Sour from Ruga Montento. First time running this strain and actually my first photoperiods. 3rd grow ever. They broke ground 11/2023. Could that have something to do with it? I held on to them to long and this strain doesn’t like that and they are just done? Soil nectar for the gods. 5gal fabric rhize nutrients nanolux ledzx 630w at 400 atm used recharge once before flower.
Appreciate the help/advice and happy growing :pray: “bud-EEz”

3 Likes

I think they look fine. They will do what they do. No worries.
Looks like a heck of a harvest in the future.

4 Likes

It can take a week or 2 post-flip for the stretch to start and it should continue through about week 4 of flowering.

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman

I was like man they look happy but maybe…… appreciate it. I’ll just keep on doing what I’m doing. :pray:

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy
Ok cool so up to week 4. That’s cool they still have the possibility of blasting off :rocket:. Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

In the future…you should do a heavy defoliation and lollipop them a few days before flipping them to flower so they have a chance to recover. Once you flip to flower the stretch phase is around 3 weeks and you shouldn’t touch them. Once you complete 3 weeks of flower then you can do one more heavy defoliation and then let them ride the rest of the way. Defoliating them while they’re in the middle of the stretch will stunt growth which is probably what your seeing now.

Is it catastrophic…no, but you probably hurt yourself in the weight department a little bit

3 Likes

@imSICKkid
So the stretch phase is at 3 weeks? These just hit 2 weeks today. So I should be in the clear and they have a week to recover before the stretch?

@imSICKkid
I mentioned that I haven’t seen any stretch so I’m trying to understand the trimming today is causing what I’ve been seeing the past to weeks maybe I’m reading it wrong.

@imSICKkid
Should I do another defoliation halfway through or towards end of flower since I did this one at 2 weeks?

Some plants dont stretch much some dont stretch as soon. Some stretch for longer and some can stretch again during flower. This can be different from strain to strain and can even be different within the same strain.

1 Like