Northern Light Autos — Need help with harvest

Hello all! My northern lights plant is going on 107 days since germ. Buds are fatttttt, I keep hesitating to chop. What does everyone think? I have a small loope so no photos, trichomes are all creamy starting to flip. these photos are a couple days off, will get more on my lunch break :slight_smile:

:

6 Likes

Well first might I say, yummmmmy looking!

Next, I’d say I still see white pistils…may want to wait until those turn amber. As everyone on here will tell you though, it all depends on where the trichs are and what type of high you’re looking for. Looks good tho!!

I’m only on day 55ish of my NL grow. Hope to look as yummy as yours!!

6 Likes

I also agree! :potted_plant: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

New white hairs are popping up all the time still, fresh ones coming in new all day. I always go off trichomes in my grows but this one keeps stumping me. I’ll post more in a little bit

1 Like

4 Likes

Some white pistils like @OooWee1184 said, and as long as there are white pistils it is getting fatter or denser. I will admit I would be sorely tempted to at least take part of it. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I just wanna try it :sob:

2 Likes

How do you attempt to try it? Still wet?

Don’t…you can throw a piece in the microwave but it’s not the same. You have to fight all your urges and wait until she dries out haha

PS - do the buds feel firm. You should probably send a few of the top colas my way in the mail so I can inspect for you lol

3 Likes

Sharp scissors, cut off a (fat) thumb size top and cut it up real fine. Spread it out and will dry enough in a few hours or overnight.
Of course I am sure there are old stoners here who remember drying it in an oven (microwave works too but is tricky). The heat of the oven will degrade it some and the taste will be real green either way.

2 Likes

Haha, yes colas are firm

Might just do that! Honestly never had my weed taste like grass like people talk about, probably my organic nutes doin their job :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ll third that! Got my mouth watering a bit.

2 Likes

Having the same issue with Blue Dream, through 9-weeks of flowering and still have some white pistils. It seems like it’s not doing anything anymore, trichomes are 90% milky, about 10% clear. This patience thing is hard.

1 Like

Yours definitely is a couple of weeks out still, looks good though! I have blue dream going in next when I’m done with all of the northern lights and white widow

1 Like

Been there done that, I got one word for you boys, Dehydrator

2 Likes

Care to elaborate?

1 Like

Girl* :slight_smile:

Works best, doesn’t cook the herb like microwave or oven

2 Likes

Going to have to invest to taste test the goods :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: