Noobie. Indoor / Outdoor Grow in Foggy San Francisco

My outdoor blueberry might actually be showing a deficiency - you had suggested Mg … the leaves at the top of the plant are now also showing purple borders / tips. Here’s a pic. I plan on double checking my pH and then adding some more dolomite lime as top dressing + water. Also found a couple bugs and potentially some mold - see 3rd pic for some gray mold? We’ve had a couple fog / fog-rain days here in SF the past couple days. Maybe I’ll spray with h202 … Thanks in advance for any feedback @Budbrother @Myfriendis410 @AAA @Big123

1 Like

Are you doing any bloom fertilizer with phosphorus and potassium?

1 Like

@Big123 yes, every other watering I have been adding fox farms tiger bloom for the past couple weeks…

Here’s a shot from above of all 3. The blueberry on the left is showing the purple. The two on the right, Durban, are doing fine

2 Likes

Tiger bloom doesn’t contain much in the way of K which is what your purple hue is. You have a plant that is asking to be fed. N, P and K. Open Sesame would be a better choice.

4 Likes

Week 6 of flower on indoor blue dream

2 Likes

Week 7 of indoor blue dream flower. I have a dilemma that I serve you to the sage advice on this forum and all who have come before my inaugural grow! I can harvest Monday evening, probably 1-2 weeks before ideal? Or I will have to wait until Sept 7th which I’m afraid I’ll develop mold or some other disease in SF. Here are the pics. Note about 1/2 the hairs have turned brown and trichomes are half milky half glossy by my novice eye. What’s your vote? Harvest now? Risk blowing it later?

4 Likes

I’m out of likes, but DAAAMMMMMMNN

3 Likes

The buds look :eyes: like they’re still fattening up, I’m not seeing that chunky look yet.

There’s a new moon :crescent_moon: next week, good for harvesting and drying faster.

Might be in early harvest window by then or not.

3 Likes

They definitely have more time.

If you are torn, I sat hedge your bets. Harvest upper colas early, let the bottom go until you return.

3 Likes

I vote for risk blowing it later

3 Likes

Thanks @Big123 @AAA @Budbrother for the advice. I’ll think on it till Tuesday! Meanwhile, outdoor ladies are doing much better since feeding them and are getting bulkier buds than the indoor plant.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh spider mite infestation on my indoor grow. I’m planning to treat with spinosad - it’s all I have. Maybe I should go ahead and harvest majority tonight?

1 Like

Thanks in advance for advice @AAA @Big123 @Myfriendis410 @Budbrother @Not2SureYet

1 Like

Look under a scope and confirm what peat you have, if you have not already.I would remove most lower leaves that are affected and some of the uppers and remove from grow space immediately…

Get a pump garden sprayer with wand and fill with 50% water and 50% 3% hydrogen peroxide use the finest most setting then back off enough to give some pressure to physically knock off the mites.

Just before lights out Douse the plants, at least all the leaf material top and bottom side of leaves. And really wherever you see mites. Turn your fans up.

Then you have set up the next step to control or eradicate the mites… @RAP using double sided carpet tape around the trunks so they can”t climb up from the soil. He say the woven tape is stickier than plastic film.

@Skydiver uses paper plates with a slit so they sit on the stem and makes a diatomaceous earth shelf barrier reef.

My personal preference would be to stay away from any chemicals, spinosad etc. only because if you are close enough to harvest, better to control the population with the least amount of chemicals that with make your product suffer.

I know Some labels say up to the day of harvest, ya da, ya da, ya da, but I’m not buying it.

2 Likes

I know this is your preference @AAA and I mostly agree.

First off not a chemical. Spinosad and BT are both aerobic bacteria. I’ve used it with the intent of a harvest within 2 weeks, but I ended up having to harvest before planned. No negative effects were notices from that harvest. I did a bud wash to mostly remove the BT. Besides, there are way more bacteria and fungi floating around in the air to populate your buds. Do you notice those when you smoke.

1 Like

I would strongly suggest doing a bud wash at harvest. Nobody wants to smoke mites lol.

1 Like

Thanks to you both @AAA and @Budbrother!

And if you’re interested on details spinosad details:’

Spinosad is the brand, that contains the chemical spinosyn, it’s produced by a bacteria that lives in the soil and has a very interesting mutualistic relationship with the other bacteria and pests it lives with. The chemical is a natural product, called a polyketide. There are a whole bunch of polyketides produced by similar soil microbes and they have equally great properties as folks have seen in cannabis with cannabinoids. Some have cured cancer! I believe spinosyn was originally produced by the company Abbot, now the pharma giant, Abbvie.

Regardless, I’m scrambling here this AM and hope my mid road solution is successful. I’ll keep you all posted. Hugely appreciate the input!!

2 Likes

The issue I have with spinosad, is smoking it. Sure it’s beneficial in soil and maybe even foliar application but the dosage/rate you will be applying is far greater than in a natural setting.

Also, I’m not against using it, just be sparing.

2 Likes

This would apply to almost any part of growing cannabis and probably the 3 most important words to use lol.

2 Likes

No I don’t. But I think we can all agree that those concentrations, particularly of one type of bacteria/funghi are a lot less than when we spray a concentrate on the plant.

In the end the best would be NOT to add anything, but the ideal/best model is not always achievable. I’m not above using it, just feel moderation of anything is best.

Also I use BT weekly on my outdoor crop up to mid flower.

1 Like