No effect from edibles

Is there anyone else out here who gets no effect from edibles? I’ve been trying them for years Everything from brownies to gunnies. A buddy broke some gummies out a while back. My wife ate one and her lips went numb. I had 8 and felt like i got a better buzz from a drink of water. I use a Pax 3 for day to day fun, but I would really like to find a way to enjoy edibles. I’ve been dealing with pneumonia for a while now, so vaping is out. I miss my buzz and arthritis pain relief I get from it.

3 Likes

I share this condition with you…I do not get any affects from eating …vaping concentrates seems to be another area that just doesn’t give me any pleasure… I am still looking for some way to enjoy my cannabis without smoking it but I haven’t found it yet…

1 Like

Have you done much research on it? I’ve done a little, but from what I’ve read, it basically boils down to liver function, as that’s where the high from edibles comes from. Eating a big meal first can help apparently.
From my experience, the high is very different as well, but it’s still quite evident when it’s happening.

3 Likes

I’m one as well and have tried it all including canna infused oil capsules….nothing works for me but my family love the oils I make :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

My wife is I the same boat. She pops a 100mg gummie and gets no effect. Honestly she doesn’t even like edibles anymore because she gets no effect from them. Just ain’t worth it anymore to try.

Me on the other hand…
While I’m running I feel that 100mg is good for about every hr. Keeps me relaxed and aids the heartburn.
If I’m chilling at home and want to get a good high I need about +200mg.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Holy :poop: :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Lol I made some super potent cookies last summer. Brought them out to the farm for everyone to try. Lol ya we shouldn’t have ate them while on the clock. We all figured they were packing about 375mg in each. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also made some medicated pasta a few months back. Rather than dosing out a good amount per serving we had to do it by the noodle. Hahaha it was like five noodles a serving. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When in doubt increase the potency lol

4 Likes

Dangeeeeet @HippieRunner1, I can get down, but I definitely aint runnin after 100mg :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Flipp’n hilarious. I’ve used kief to get the MGs up to 50-75 for 00 caps as a last result but didn’t work….put my son and daughter in law in a 6 hour coma :joy:. I’ll infuse olive oil at 25 MG per tablespoon, they love having canna infused dinner parties for their friends, my son cooks breakfast eggs with sometimes :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

@Borderryan22 If I’m running a relay techy trail and I take 200mg I start toe picking every little stone that sticks up. Lol

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

glad I am not alone in this condition…at least my lungs are holding out so I can smoke all I want … today :laughing:

3 Likes

I get nothing either.Smoking is fine but edibles do nothing.

1 Like

I have been a flower man since the 70’s. My daughter said “Dad…try this dab…64% THC” way too much for me. Gimme a bong or a blunt anyday…

2 Likes

The first time i had an edible my eyes struck closed and i lost my arms.

My wife thought it was funny and put a sandwich on my chest knowing i couldn’t find my arms… Evil woman!

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. That’s a hero dose there. Or still feeling it 2 days later for the rest of us. Yikes.

2 Likes

I don’t know how many milligrams my eatables are but I can say it takes way more for me then most others around here.
We all smoke about the same “all day”.
But I don’t eat others eatables much and no one eats mine after the first time :sweat_smile: they all say the same thing, “yours puts me to sleep”.
Mine make me silly happy with a permanent smile :blush:

Id say just shoot for the moon and keep increasing till you feel it.
I’ve found eating my eatables first and then if i eat a good meal say 5-10mins after, by the time I’m done eating, I’m giggling happy :grin:
But it’s a completely different feeling then smoking to me. I don’t get the same “high” at all but I like it better myself :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have this problem too basically its a lost cause our boddies metabolize the thc as quickly as it enters our blood stream so it never reaches a high enough concentration to get us high i literally ate a 50mg gummy in one shot and felt nothing

1 Like

I dumped 3gs into a few chocolates and devoured 3 or 4 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: