Newbie here help with lights

Hey all thanks for the join I am a total newbie and I am very confused about my full spectrum led lights it has a dial that let’s me go from 25% 50% 75% and 100% I have no idea what % I should be using and how high I should keep it from my plants. This is the light I have any help would be highly appreciated

**edit: remove unauthorized link

Hi there. that is a large light, hope you have room for your exhaust and other fun stuff. The best guy to go to for lighting is
@dbrn32 Welcome. cyn

1 Like

It is in a 5x5 grow tent and my ac infinity inclined duct system is out side drawing air out of the tent and sucking in good air but still no idea what strength to set the lights or height

1 Like

Wow first let me say very nice light, jealous. All I can add is, Only worry about hitting your DLI Daily Light Integers, with that kind of light you should be able to use a lower power rating and still get your needs. Photone app all u need is a piece of paper. Hope this helps

3 Likes

Are you starting a fresh grow with seedlings or moving this into an established grow? Would like to know condition and maturity level of plants pretty much.

A lux meter app for phone isnt super accurate but will give a good baseline. I personally find sweet spot for flowering…set my lights there…dim to seedling or veg and turn up as needed till 100% at full flower. Seems to work well. Qboards with samsung 301b.

1 Like

I started a new grow from seed blueberry fem. The came through dirt on Oct 12 temp in 5x5 grow tent is 75 degrees Fahrenheit humidity is 45 to 50 when I first started watering I was using bottled water thought the ph was good but found out the water ph was 7.8 since Oct 27 I fixed ph level to 6.0 here is a picture of them

4 Likes

I think they look good, would keep doing what you’re doing. If you’re running 18 hour veg I would probably run light around half power for now.

Yeah I am running 18 hr on 6 hr off

2 Likes

Ya. It’s unauthorized link, I will have to remove that one too. I know which light you have though.

Oh sorry I don’t know what is authorized lol

1 Like

Links to Amazon, ILGM, or just posting screenshots are the safest way to share info :v:

2 Likes

It really depends on the lights you have :woman_shrugging: wherever you got the light from should show a picture or in the description the setting and height recommendations. I did notice a lot of lights for seedling stage is usually around 25 to 30% height may vary anywhere from 18 to 30 in. But it really does depend on the light. And pro tip because no one ever told me make sure you read the description carefully on what light you’re buying some lights may say they can do a 5x5 but that’s only in veg meanwhile if you look an research deeper into it they can only flower a 4 X 4 because veg takes less PAR then flower.

1 Like

Oh now curiousity is killing me, what is the bad a$$
light your using?

1 Like

Are ur plants seedlings or are they a few weeks old

You can follow the unauthorized link in her bio to see the Mars Hydro veg light and a Viparspectra (I think) setup of some kind. Lol.

1 Like

What kinda light is it? The link was removed so just type what it is and I’ll look it up. I’m just so curious after reading I have to know :rofl:

Please and thank you :grin:
Nvm I got it :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Guess I should have kept reading :rofl:

1 Like

I believe it was a photontek light I might have the name wrong I just happened to be reading the link itself when it disappeared I hadn’t even clicked it yet

1 Like

I got a large light in a small tent so I was super curious. I am digging these bar style lights so far though. Wish HLG offer a bar style line up with H diodes

1 Like