Navy's Phylo's Sweet Tartz

Howdy Growmies!!! It’s been a while since I have posted anything in this forum, being this is my 6th year anniversary, I figured I’d do a grow journal on my current grow.

After several bad runs of seeds that wouldn’t germinate, I was so happy to finally get one going.

The current grow is a mix of Happy Frog and Strawberry Fields in a 7 gal grow bag.

Nutrients of choice this grow is Fox Farm’s Cultivation Nation.

Seeds received May 7th, soak started same day.

Tailed and put in medium May 10th

Sprouted May 13

Trasplanted May 28th

Turns 4 weeks of veg June 28th

Will defoliate and switch to 12/12 this weekend.

I have been pleasantly surprised at how vigorously this offering from Phylo’s has grown. It is hands down the easiest grow so far, even with my main light taking a :poop: on me and a slight issue with CalMag deficiency.

From light schedule change, Phylo’s claims a flower time of 59 days (8 weeks). I am looking forward to having the faster growth and harvest time of an auto with all the THC, terpines and all things associated with a photo period plant.

There is yet to be a review done on this strain and genetics, i hope to be the first and so far, it will be a glowing review.

Dont mind my lonely lemon tree hanging out in the tent, it’s too darn hot outside for the poor thing.

7 Likes

Absolutely beautiful girl. Happy Anniversary. Welcome back!!

2 Likes

Welcome back and Happy Cannaversary Grow Bro. I’ll pull up a stool if you don’t mind :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Decided to do a thing today, was originally going to just defoliate and flip. Instead, she got defoliated, LST’ed and given straight PH’ed water. I’ll wait another week for her to recover then flip her to 12/12.

Wish me luck!

3 Likes

The recovery on this girl is BEYOND amazing. So far, i am totally blown away bu the genetics from Phylo’s.

2 Likes

Here we are, 7 weeks since transplant and 1 week since doing the light schedule flip-a-roo. Just got my scrog net in, plan on setting that up tomorrow along with more defoliating.

1 week into flower and no signs of “female” parts. I’ve started adding Fox Farm Cultivation Nation Part Bloom to the feeding regiment.

3 Likes

Defoliation complete, scrog complete. First time scrogging so not sure if done correctly.

3 Likes

5 days since scrogging and defoliating. The flowers are starting to show, from here I’ll start counting bloom weeks. According to Phylo’s info for this strain, flower should only take 5 weeks give or take.

Would you do any more defoliation and would you cut off the little sucker shoots or keep them?

1 Like

Got a picture before the lights turned on this morning. She is truly an amazing plant, Phylo’s continues to amaze me!!

1 Like

Sweet Tartz starting to bulk up the colas, got some glitter on the sugar leaves :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hairs are starting to change color, stripped everything below the scrog net. I’m figuring another week maybe 2 before she’s ready for harvest. I am a little disappointed the colas aren’t very big or look like they have much bulk even though their growing environment was ideal, not compared to other strains from ILGM I’ve grown in not so ideal environment.

2 Likes

Sweet Tartz still bulking up and getting mighty frosty. Maybe another week?

1 Like

I do believe the fade has started, shouldn’t be too much longer now. The trichomes are still clear from what I can see, will break out the scope this weeke.d to take closer look.

After a quick recount, we are on week 6 of flower. For some reason I thought she was week 8/9 of flower.

1 Like

Still waiting for the trichomes to start changing, all clear with a few amber on the sugar leaves. The fade continues, this one is taking her time for sure, definitely way over the breeder estimate.

1 Like

Still no change in trichomes, the wait is killing me :face_with_peeking_eye:.

1 Like

Broke out the wifi scope, harvest or let it ride for a bit longer?