My seedlings are developing a yellowish hue

Hi All,
My seedlings are developing a yellowish hue in their leaves, mainly in the tips. Growing in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, humidity is at 76%, haven’t added any nutrients or anything because from what ive read its still too soon. I think they are 13 days old now. Any and all help is highly appreciated!

3 Likes

I see one :herb: leaf with slight yellow. The lower leaf that looks as if it’s been dragging the dirt. It’s time to transplant and get it out of that Solo cup.

6 Likes

@Cheflemons106
Looks like overwatering to me wait until the solo cups are very very lite before watering, if you’re unsure by weight wait until the leaves start drooping and feel the weight of the cups so you will know when to water from here on out. Don’t water until very lite
They are looking good though
If your temps are above 75degrees you don’t need the heat mat but get them off the floor if it’s cold

1 Like

This :point_up_2:
There is only so much nutrient availability in the cup and its not even filled with dirt.
They have started to pull nutrients from the lower leaves now.
You have done good to get it to this point but she wants room for those roots.
Much longer and they will be so rootbound that even transplanted they will suffer.
Recommend 3 or 5 gallon grow bags.

6 Likes

Definitely transplant time Growmie :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Okie doke, thanks everyone ill get that taken care of tonight. I knew i was getting close but thought i still had another week or so before transplant. Thank you to everyone for the knowledge, you all make this way less stressful!!

4 Likes

When the leaves “out-grow” the cup circumference, time to replant, IMO, for seedlings
At half that size, roots are trying to escape the bottom of the cup.
No reason to delay their journey.

Good growing to you.

1 Like

Oh word, good to know! Thanks for the info.

1 Like