My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

While you were in Colorado I took this from my kitchen window


And I have a nice looking Buck occasionally as well :grin:

10 Likes

That’s just rubbing it in lol. I wasn’t too far from you on Friday a week ago: drove over to Goodland Kansas to work on the deer stand. It’s in the Northwest corner of Kansas. Kinda.

8 Likes

I wana hunt! :deer: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yep. You weren’t too far away from me at all :slightly_smiling_face: If memory is correct I’m pretty sure we field trialed in Goodland a few times.
I am just tickled pink to actually see deer :deer: crossing my property again. I saw the doe again yesterday morning crossing the driveway into the woods. My neighbor tells me that I have more here than I am seeing. I’m hoping to see the Buck again to get you a picture. As long as he & the doe stay away from Sassy they can graze here safely. BUT if either one eats my plants then I’ll let my neighbor fill her freezer :wink:

6 Likes

<<<<< would fill the freezer regardless if they ate Sassy or not…:rofl: I believe in not giving them a chance.
Worst solution ever but it might help. Dear love poison ivy… see where I’m going with this? Plant it…lol

3 Likes

I’m not against hunting :blush: Heck, I taught Hunters Education for seven years. I just always feel peaceful when I watch the wildlife cruising my property other than coyotes and raccoons :rage: (another story, another day). And if we really needed the meat I could shoot them from my back deck. In the meantime, watching the deer and turkey :turkey: is like “taking time to smell the roses” and appreciate what I have :hugs:

7 Likes

I do envy you! I would love to have some land and be able to see wildlife. Enjoy it! :sunglasses: If you do get a picture of that buck, please share it with me… love seeing antlers! Thanks!

3 Likes

There were a crap ton of pheasant too. I’m going to South Dakota this year for the opener on the Booker Farms property. Entirely private, invitation only. I’m looking forward to it.

7 Likes

I most definitely will. :+1:

1 Like

Oh man, I miss hunting quail and pheasant. I REALLY miss eating them.

2 Likes

Yummy :yum: I hope you had some great dog work getting those pheasants. And that you have some successful hunting north of me :hugs:

4 Likes

I sure did. He was an English Setter named Roscoe. Oh, you were talking to @Myfriendis410 :blush:

4 Likes

If it applies, both of you :grin: Is Roscoe a field English Setter? My bloodline was mostly Smith and Bozeman Mosely.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, honestly. My step dad got him, mostly trained already. I hunted with him almost daily after school and on weekends during bird season. He looked a lot like this one:


He was outstanding if you could keep him from getting too far ahead of you…lots of energy!

6 Likes

Looks kind of like a Lewellen Setter?

1 Like

¯ _(ツ)_/¯

He found, flushed, and retrieved the birds for me. He listened to me, and I listened to him, and we both ate better for it. :+1:

4 Likes

Yep. Most likely a Llewelyn Setter. We only had one and he was black and white. He challenged me “once” & only “once”!!! I flipped that little sucker on his back and straddled him so fast he didn’t know what the heck was happening. I got in his face and told him that I was ALPHA BIG B!T?? & would not accept his behavior whatsoever! Poor Rocky was just a victim of PMS that day, but he never challenged me again. Great little bird dog. Sold him to a Llewelyn breeder in Missouri. Then Rocky was VERY happy :grin:

3 Likes

That’s where we got ours, and where we lived, northwest Missouri

2 Likes

Lived in Clay County :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looks like a good bird dog.

1 Like