Low stress training

What type of material do I use to put around my plants when I start bending them. I don’t want to hurt the plant

Twist ties, rope, twine I’ve seem and used them all. My favorite though is the foam With a metal core. Just don’t tie to tightly around the plant, you’d be surprised what they can do. You won’t hurt them most of the time.

1 Like

Grower’s Edge Soft Garden Plant Tie - 250 ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNQXF4I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KA50CbJQDK0WD

I had a 50ft roll of 18/5 solid core thermostat wire that I only used 10ft of, so I use that.

3 Likes

Still a beginner myself but this is what to get. Inexpensive too. Good luck with the grow!

1 Like

Thank You for info

1 Like

I thought it was alot easier to hurt the plant thank you

1 Like

I’ll go to store and get some soft tie. I topped my 1st plant ever and went great now ready to try this and soon I’ll have 2 or 3 more plants to do

2 Likes

Get a coil of 12 guage wire and bend it like tall candy canes. I’ve reused them the last three grows

1 Like

Beautiful plant so you didn’t just bend main stem? It looks like you’ve bent each individual little branch down?

1 Like

Long rubber bands and thumbtacks pushed into fabric pots to hold them. I’ve also used heavy coat hangers cut about 6”-8” long, then bent into a v shape, and hung over the lst stem.

1 Like

I LST’d any branch that was starting to get taller than the rest. Instead of going straight up, I forced it out. Once it grew out of the pot circumference I put up a scrog net and forced branches under. Of course results will vary but that single plant went on to fill a 4x4 scrog and put out over 575 grams. (12 weeks of veg though, probably could have done it with 8 weeks of veg, but that’s a long story)

1 Like

I have used alot of things in the past, like electric wire, but lately I have been using pipe cleaners and paper clips and they work fine.
Also using a good net as another tool will help you even more.

2 Likes

When you set up your net is it in a tent or can I set one up in my grow room?

1 Like

What’s holding your net up it doesn’t look like you’re growing in a tent?

1 Like

They are in a 4x4 tent. The nets get attached to the four posts. Some people make their own, The horticulture shop was practically giving away these elastic nets so I got them kind. Easy to use but your plant has to be growing healthy branches.

worked into this

The nets usually come with S Hooks you attach to the pole.

Here’s a few pics of the base from the plant pictured the other day. (I document everything)

Those thick branches are the LST’d branches that grew out.

You don’t need a net to LST, the net is just another tool. Lots of growers just let the plant spread all bushy to the edge of the bucket using LST then go to flower.

2 Likes

Sweet Did you just put plant thru hole once or do you do every long branch

1 Like

This grow I’m just starting is having problems. I hadn’t felt good so was basically being sure the girls had water and misted a couple of times. This morning I went to take a good look and at the top and on new growth it’s getting hard and kinda crunchy, I’ll send pic I grow in dirt 3 plants are in 5 gal buckets and rest just got not even transplanted. Edges turning brown small leaves starting to curl down

New growth curling up