Light usage for flower

That makes sense to me. As long as the plants are healthy might as well recycle / compost the trimmings

Referring to the purple shade on stems? It’s normal.

1 Like

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to thank you very much!!

Oh I was looking at the leaves. No wonder I was not seeing anything wrong

@beardless @MidwestGuy @kellydans @dbrn32 @Mr_Wormwood can any of you identify what this is? 19!days from switching to 12/12

Those are one plant, this is the other same everything… both feminized white widows both definitely female will post better pictures of this plant In the blurple tomorrow morning

2 Likes

What specifically are we looking at, where it appears branch broke or something?

2 Likes

I think the concern is the red spot where fan Leaf trim or broken branch like dbrn32 questioned. You have big fat calyx in the making above that. My guess. I see you have red stems, maybe a bleed off? Take a pic of the whole plant. There is a bunch of worry about red stems and nute deficiency. From scrolling up at your other pics. The plant looks fine

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag , Not Unusual to have a little color in the stems.

2 Likes

Yea I didn’t know if this was some this to worry about or if it was where a leaf or something had been taken off. Think I’m just stressing over small stuff cause this is only my second grow. But yea these little spots.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it at this point. Do you happen to use a bottle of nutrient that resembles this color?

2 Likes

I use fish Sh!t, Mammoth P and Medusa’s Magic. So not really haha. But I think I’m just over worrying and will keep an eye on it!

1 Like

Are you able to explain why the calyx would be so large? Like is that generally good or bad or doesn’t really matter? From what I saw on google the number of calyxes effects sugar leaves but nothing about the size. Thanks

When I said fat calyx, I was just reassuring you that the plant is female and the little red spot is nothing to worry about. I was looking through my pics, here is one when I cut a fan

I know it’s not a close up but don’t over worry.

1 Like

Here is an update. So I started my 12/12 switch first couple days of July so we’re about a month in. I feel like I should be further along by now… what is all of your opinions?

1 Like

@beardless @MidwestGuy @kellydans @dbrn32 @Mr_Wormwood Or if you know anyone who might have a recommendation please tag

I don’t know, it looks good to me but I understand feeling like your plant is lagging behind

Both of mine are IMO behind schedule, but it’s probably just because I am a noob

1 Like

They look healthy to me. What is your specific concern?

Still the light question? You will struggle to flower 2 plants with the lighting you have. It is maybe enough for 1 plant. You should be pushing minimum ~400 true watts of quality lighting to properly flower 2 plants. You will end up with a minimal harvest of airy buds without good lighting.

I run ~400 watts (3 HLG 135 panels) per plant during flowering to get nice, dense buds. It’s a bit of overkill, but it works out nicely.

2 Likes

First picture, plant looks nice and happy. Keep up the good work.

With both light in the tent I’m at 300 actual watts. So will they still flower fine just take longer? Would it help to move one outside? Any suggestions other than buying a new light which is already a plan

My concern is that I look at grow journals and other gross a month into flower and they look way further progressed than my plants at one month