LED burning my buds to death

I run the Coco Loco in all my plants. I love it. Just have to be careful feeding as it’s hot as is.

I had cedar around mine because I use it in my vegetable garden with great success, but I’m a beginner and was having one problem after another so I removed them, it didn’t seem to matter, anyway I’m glad I read this because I wasn’t finding anyone else that used the woodchip method! I think I’ll wait until she grows a bit then put the cedar chips back! Thanks! Peace n Love

If you are using it for ground cover you need to keep it pulled back from your plants about 2-3”. Trees are acidic and can affect the ph in your soil. I actually stir it in my potting mix, around 10% of the volume I’m mixing. So far it’s working great. My base soil ph is 5.9.

Just potted (yes I know some look pathetic) August 8th

Same group August 19th

Same group three days ago on August 23rd

5 Likes

Well I have solved the mystery of my burning buds. It wasn’t burn after all.
Apparently there is a new strain of mites that is sweeping the country like a virus because as cannabis is legalized more people are buying and shipping clones from other states. The Hemp Russet Mite started in Colorado and Oregon and then has traveled with clones across the states. It only attacks cannabis plants. I used a 200x digital scope to see the little monsters. They are very tiny. That is not all that I found. I also had Broad Mites, Thripes, and a couple Spider Mites setting up colonies.
I had kept a very clean grow. My original grow was all done from seed and it’s indoor, inside grow tents, in a basement. I made one mistake though.
I purchased 4 clones from what I thought was a reputable local supplier.
HA!! When I brought them in they looked tired and weak. I thought they just needed a little TLC. I also thought I had quarantined them enough to prevent any possible contamination. Now as I back track events I see I was wrong about everything. I thought I was fighting Nute problems and light problems.
I was fighting infestation that was spread from clones. I am treating the plants that still look good but I know they have mites too. The treatment is expensive and laborious. I will be growing from seed from now on. I already started the feminization process so I can supply myself with seed.

Painful lesson!!!

3 Likes

How to Use Mulch for Cannabis

To use mulch, you’ll need to be growing organically to create a welcoming environment for your team players. Bacteria are best at breaking down fresh leafy material like leaves and grass, whereas fungi thrive with woody material like bark.

[

Woody Mulch

If available, use a wood chipper to break down stalks from last year’s harvest. These can help reintroduce nutrients back into your soil food web.

For other woody mulch material, shredded tree bark is an excellent choice. Avoid cedar mulch as it does not provide a welcoming environment to insects. Walnut mulch may contain toxins that can kill cannabis plants.

2 Likes