New grower and tips of leaves on one plant yellow

Hi I am totally new to this. Live in mass so when came legal ordered purple haze female seeds. Planted 4 seeds in mid November and feel like I am doing something wrong. One of the plabts started yellowing on the tips of the leaves rest of plants are fine. All planted in 5 gallon buckets with organic soil humidity around 35 to 43 percent. I attached pictures. I’m so new at this not sure what to ask or give for info!!

Strain; purple haze

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil in pots

System type? I don’t understand this question

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I don’t know what ph is? I have plants in 5 gallon buckets I check night and day for soil moisture and there holes in bottom of buckets

What is strength of nutrient mix? It is organic soil I have not added any of my own nutrients

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size? I have a 600w led light and 75 watt full spectrum light and 2 28 w full spectrum lights

Temps; Day, Night: we have heater in room we set at 85 degrees during day from 6am to midnight at midnight turn heat down to 75 but tempature reading says about 65 to 73 during day and night goes to about 62. Room is in basement so hard to keep heat up

Humidity; Day, Night: day humidity around 43 and night about 30

Ventilation system; Yes, No,
Yes we have fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:no

Co2; Yes, No: no

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain;

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No,

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

Just get us some more info. It looks like mild nute burn but fill out the support ticket so we can figure out what ya got goin on

2 Likes

Welcome to the ILGM Forums @Scott1 I’m also MA!

Let’s get all the facts about your grow so we can see how you are doing.I do see the little bit of brown tips on the one, but overall they look great!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.

EDIT

@Growit is spot on with the support ticket!

047569e630ee5cd20dde4e481a8f48c024eff626

Nutrient_Chart2

4 Likes

Oh and welcome to the community @Scott1 :blush:

4 Likes

This is more than likely a sign of nutrient burn so I would stop feeding that plant nutrients until you can provide the information other’s have requested and get better guidance. To correct it will require you to be able to measure PH and PPM for the plant. Do you have those meters? If so, which kind and when was the last time you calibrated them?

2 Likes

I don’t feed nutrients I used organic soil and I guess I need something to measure ph?

Thank you!!!

No sweat! It is possible , if you have not been pHing your water then it could actually be the nutrients in the soil are not being made available to your plants. Get us the info and we will try and figure out your issue before it becomes a problem.

1 Like

I updated my original post with the support ticket info. Thanks

Scott I usually feed every third day especially at first. A lot if the souls out for growing have a lot of goodys in them to feed the young plants with just water. And a mistake I seemed to make at first was thinking to keep the soil saturated all the time when for me it actually seemed better if they were moist in the pot and not soggy on top. It doesn’t like to be soaked all the time. Try to let them dry a bit then feed with straight Ph water for a week and see if it clears. It real easy to over feed young plants. I hope this helps and btw this is just from my personal experience.

1 Like

Thankyou!! I have a dumb question what exactly is ph water?

What is pHing your water?

Just straight water that you get to the correct PH which I like between 6.0 & 6.5 for soil. So weather your water is a higher Ph or Lower PH you take PH down or PH up to adjust your water PH to the 6.0-6.5 range and just use that as needed for a week to kinda flush it a bit the start your feeding against a slower rate or less nutrient. Like I said I like to feed every 3 days with soil . Once your plant gets bigger you will need to increase the amount of the food it gets. After you mix your nutrient you always always need to adjust your Ph to 6.0-6.5 Hope that helps you

3 Likes

Adjusting your PH is an absolute necessity if you wanna grow medical quality smoke. If don’t do it you will end up with typical Homegrown poo!!!

2 Likes

When you use PH up or PH down to adjust your nutrient solution to 6.0 -6.5 range for soil . You will need a PH tester found at any grow or even farm store. And then test your water your using after you put your nutrients in it then you adjust the ph to 6.0-6.5 and you still adjust it if your just using straight water. You want your soil to have a ph around 6.5 for your plant to take in food like it supposed to. I know it’s confusing but buy the testers and the up and down and try it a few times before you ruin your food solution

I know I had to do it to understand it. I’m not no scientist. Lol

Do you follow what @timmyv324 is telling you? I’m not a scientist either but the optimal pH for soil is 6.5 and for other mediums it varies between 5.8 and 6.2

May I recommend both a pH and TDS meter and calibration fluids

These are just examples. You can also find them locally

Apera Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8?tag=greenrel-20

just ph meter

ph and tds meters

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY?tag=greenrel-20

1500ppm Calibration Fluid

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TNAA5W?tag=greenrel-20

7.0 calibration fluid
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-7-0-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001D0CKYK?tag=greenrel-20

If your pH of your water/ nutrient mix doesn’t match your growing medium then they plants roots won’t be able to uptake nutrients/ @Scott1

7 Likes

There you go Scott that says it all Bob31 hooked you up !!! If your gonna invest the time it takes to do this you got to have those tools

Keep on this site they will keep you in line. I have learned tons here and continue too.