Latest you can clone

When the latest you can clone a plant?

1 Like

I think you can clone anytime! Except while they are transitioning to flowering. Leave them alone for those three weeks. @Ds401

So would I be able to cut off something just before harvest and reveg it? @bob31

Monster Cropping

You would want a bud that is small. Maybe something not getting enough light? @Ds401

2 Likes

As always appreciate it sir thank you

1 Like

@bob31 I’ve got about 7 monster cropped cuttings I’m attempting to root now. Lol

6 Likes

Sweet. Journal? @GrowManFitz

I love to monster crop my clones, they grow tremendously once they root and re veg!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I was cutting out some small inner branches of my plants the other day and thought, can I root these? So I trimmed them up and dipped them in some rooting compound and stuck them in soil. 5 days later they are still hanging in there. My question was will they eventually mature and flower like any other plant? Ill add a picture once the sun comes up

1 Like

What did you cut them from? An auto or photo? How old was mama? @Sasquatch

I cut them from a photo . the mama plant is 12 weeks old Crystal I got here on ILGM

1 Like

They look great. Was mama in flower or veg? @Sasquatch

The two in the same pot are probably going to have to stay together. Their roots intertwine and pulling them apart would likely be a huge stress for both

2 Likes

its veg still. have about 3 more weeks I think till they start flowering

1 Like

Then they should be similar to mama. Take a couple monster crop from mama and grow them side by side with those clones and you’ll see a huge difference. The ones taken from flowering will be monsters! Lol

1 Like

I couldn’t see these going to waste is why I tried this. Don’t think I would have enough time to do a monster crop. The way the sun is up here Sept is about the end of growing season outside day light gets way to short after that. Thanks for the info…

Oh out doors gotcha. I’m gonna do them on my grow journal in a month or so I will tag you over!

Keep us posted on your clones! @Sasquatch

3 Likes

I’m growing out four clones now. One thing to remember is that they are basically the same age as thier Mom so once established have the same needs. One benefit that I see to cloning is that once you have grown the mother through flowering, you basically know what that plant’s needs are and can be proactive in addressing them with her clones

2 Likes

do it @bob31 Cloning interest me… a small grow tent may be in the future! @Sl1 good point, never thought of it as being the same age as the mama plant.
love this forum!!

3 Likes

@Sl1 very good point
Clones need to be treat as adults

4 Likes

I agree… but only after they root…and minimize watering with a mist till rooted also

4 Likes