Kaptain3d's Sunken Treasures šŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø (Part 1)

Thanks :blush:

I’m not sure yet if I’ll keep them… But if I do, this water cure will come in handy. :nerd_face:

19 Likes

Hate to see that for you Kap…

13 Likes

Tabernac! I’ve used milk/water mix, spray them heavily at light outs…dripping heavy. The enzymes in milk kills WPM. Just have to watch out after that your buds don’t start to die. I’ve sprayed mine with milk then done a 3-part bud wash after they finished and the WPM didn’t come back, was still smokable. Other batches, I’ve had the buds die on me, inside goes a little brown, have a run like that I have to pull out the Everclear on.
You gotta make sure you kill all that crap, otherwise it’ll come back on your next run! I battled it for about 3 straight runs, finally got rid of it and it hasn’t reappeared for a few.

15 Likes

That water cure worked for me, can’t hurt to give it a try when you harvest. Maybe try the milk spray suggested above until they’re ready :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

What do you think happened that caused this?
Was it basically overnight?
Did humidity at lights out go way up?

13 Likes

Sorry you ran into tbis Kap but I don’t have anything additional to add.

13 Likes

No, it started a few weeks ago. I had it under control for a while, but I missed a few applications of hypochlorous acid (Agrowlyte).

It’s possible the RH goes up at night, but not that much. It holds around 44.3 % at night…

15 Likes

Ahh man, sorry Kap. Unfortunately I don’t have any experience here

14 Likes

Oops… tried to edit and deleted :person_shrugging: either way. I hope you can save some of it! UV lamps are relatively cheap and if it’s true that UV helps combat mold than maybe a nice lil safeguard :thinking:

13 Likes

I saw your mention earlier @Thumper is or has done the same as me, ive used milk and bud wash at the end.it does suck, im trying to grasp the humidity myself

11 Likes

Wuzzupp Brotha @Bunger64 ? I feel for anyone dealing w WMP or any other mold. Had it once and was a real bummer to throw away 3/4 LB of huge blue dream buds. But man I sure wasn’t going to smoke it and I share w allot of people I care about. And I likely overreacted :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Its all good I saw Kaptains post bit between dab induced coma and life i just got back and saw your mention. Everyone is always so helpful here.

8 Likes

Well, the deed is done. The ladies rest in pieces in garbage bags now.
I realize that my nose had become unsensitized to the smell of cannabis… When I took the Chem Chillz out in its garbage bag, I noticed that it was smelling as if I was throwing away a bag of farting skunks! :skunk:
The other two smelled just as much, but were overpowered by the Chem Chillz… :nerd_face:

19 Likes

Sorry it had to be done this way brother.
But better safe than sorry. :+1:
:v::pray:

12 Likes

Thank you Pappy! :smile:
But it’s not that bad, I still have enough stashed away for one or two grows…

On the ā€œplusā€ side: I get to soak a couples of Huckleberry-Genetics Gelatti Belts! :smile:

My plans to train one plant to fill my 4x4 will have to wait for the next grow though… :thinking:

25 Likes

Haven’t tried the water cure. I used 40% hydrogen peroxide, and diluted it approximately 1:4 it was really strong, but seemed to work well for cleaning after harvest.

I also purchased a product from Sierra naturals that uses thyme oil, and other various natural oils to deter WPM. I applied that once a week, and it worked well.

44% RH at night is extremely respectable, and with that number I would not have expected WPM to be an issue.

That’s all I got.

19 Likes

RIP Girls______

14 Likes

I still had a great time training them… :piƱata:
And they smelled great while it lasted! :rofl:


:crazy_face:

22 Likes

What a bummer, sorry it had to come to this :cry: Wpm sucks. I’ve never had an experience with it until the other day when I found my rosemary totally covered in it. By the time I noticed it was too late and it started to infect my basil. Even tho it sucks good call on chopping them. Better safe than sorry!

18 Likes

If it was only for me, I would have tried the water cure… But my wife is immunocompromised, and I don’t want to take any chances with her health. :heart_eyes:

28 Likes