Jeremyg’s Grow Journal

I recently had wilting start to occur in my leaves. I let them sit and dry out for a day and went to check in again and they were okay! Then this morning they started to wilt again and the tips started to curl and burn, any ideas what I should do?? Im very new to this and this would be my first time getting this far with this! I appreciate any support anyone is able to give!

Looks like nitrogen toxicity. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM? How old is the plant? What product(s) have you been feeding the plant?

4 Likes

I do not unfortunately know the runoff ph or ppm. The plant is about 5 weeks old give or take a day and I’ve fed it dynagrow grow 7-9-5. It seems like the soil is still very damp when I put the tip of my finger in, I watered just ph water in a smaller amount around 3 days ago.

1 Like

What soil are you using?

It’s best to soak the soil and then let it dry out before watering again. Cannabis tolerates dry soil far better that wet soil.

Bluelab and Apera both make good meters. I use an Apera PC60 which measures both pH and PPM. Management of pH and PPM is a great way to avoid such problems.

2 Likes

Im currently using coast of maine stonington blend. Ill have to make sure to get that apera meter to monitor my runnoff thank you for letting me know!

3 Likes

pH should be maintained in the range 6.3 to 6.8.

PPM should be managed at 1,000, give or take.

4 Likes

Probably get yourself 2 gallons of purified water while waiting for that meter a flush is likely incoming

3 Likes

It may be a few days before I can order a meter because I have to wait for my paycheck. Is there anything you recommend in the meantime? I have a ph meter that I use for my water which I keep in the range of 6.0-6.5.

Be sure to check and manage runoff values when you get the meter.

Stop feeding anything but water until you get a handle on pH and PPM. Your plant has been getting too much nitrogen.

6 Likes

The COM Stonington blend is fairly hot but cannabis friendly. You can water feed that plant for approximately 6 weeks or more, drench to drought with run off as @MidwestGuy mentioned :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Looks over watered to me.

1 Like

So absolutely no more nutrients until I hit the 6 week or more mark then and only ph my water. Ill make sure to get a meter immediately to measure runnoff and wait to water until the soil is currently dry. I appreciate all the help everyone has given me! I hope it goes well from here!

5 Likes

The 6 week estimate is from around week 2 ish after the seedling period and the plant has started consuming the nutrients in the soil. Straight from the bag I would assume the COM is sitting around 2600 PPMs or higher, this is ok as the soil has been organically amended versus this being a toxicity issue with synthetic fertilizer. Start a feeding routine once the run off PPMs are 800 and feed at 800-1000 with a PH of 6.5 :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

I really do appreciate the help greatly! Ill see how it goes from here and if I have anymore problems Ill make sure make a post! Should I wait to water with just ph water or let it dry out a little bit more given its current state

1 Like

Start a grow journal thread and post updates, pics, questions, and so on. We’ll help you learn along the way. I can change the title of this thread to reflect that it is a journal if you wish. Just let me know what you want the title to say.

2 Likes

I would think that is a great idea! Im not too sure what Id make the title though, any ideas?

1 Like

Jeremyg’s Grow Journal?

4 Likes

That works!

2 Likes

Got it.

1 Like

after working for the day and coming home it seems to be a lot worse than this morning. Any ideas on what I could do to save it or is it too far gone?