Is this true or not? Edibles out of stems?!

My friend told me they make edibles out of left over steams after the grow and would I save my stems for them.

I told him I’d never ever heard that stems had any CBD or THC in them and that I thought that was impossible.

What is the truth??

2 Likes

You might get some good fiber out of it, but the plant cannabinoids (THC, CBD, terpines, etc…) are contained within the trichomes, and there are very few trichomes on the stems.

6 Likes

Yeh, that’s what I thought.

Maybe I’ll save him the half coated sugar leaves instead

3 Likes

If you look at the stems and sugar leaves with a 30 x or 60x magnifier, there is sugar on them, if decarbonized along with the sugar leaves, yes you can make edibles and yes they are good. I usually add all the smaller lower flowers to the mix.

3 Likes

My wifes cousins make tea. Works for them. There is thc and cbd just not a ton till concentrated.

3 Likes

Back when bud was not recreational in California they had all there strains in mason jars and if you liked a certain strain you opened the jar checked out your buds and if you liked them you buy them.
When the bud tender would pull buds out to weigh and would yank all the stems off and put them in to a jar.
I asked him why and he said they would make edibles with them.
I’m sure not as potent as actual buds but will definitely do the job.
Happy growing

5 Likes

Somewhere I thought I read that root balls give up some final essence when boiled. I think It was a cbd article or conversation here…

5 Likes

Im interested to hear the answer to this as well. Thank you!

3 Likes

I know Blackthumbbetty used to make shatter with stems using her Source Turbo

6 Likes

I’ve heard that as well. Supposedly you can use it in balms as it has some benefits. Have not tried it myself but I know that every bit of the plant is usable in some way. It might not get ya high but there are benefits outside of getting lit.

4 Likes

Already stated there is a small amount. I thought this was BS. My wife got a bit upset when she saw the amount of small branches when lollipopping and the all of the fans when I do my defols that I trash. I told her there isn’t any THC in them but lo and behold, I looked it up to prove my point and alas I was wrong poor Yurick… (which is usually the case with the wife). So now I save it all but keep my sugar leaf trim separate for when she wants to make something strong.

4 Likes

The wife is always right……. Always hahahahaha

3 Likes

Great info. Thank you sir!!!

1 Like

I don’t use the stalk, but the limbs closer to the buds and all the stems and trimmings from harvest are all used for concentrate.

They may not be as rich as sugar leaves but they have some. If my harvest is really good, I am a lot pickier on my culling.

1 Like

For medication it’s all about dosage. I make edibles out of manicured bud only because I need a measured dose and know what ratios to get a result.
Anything Ive made with the rubbish I need a shed ton of product. It’s possible if you have the product and room to make it. 100gms bud to 400mls oil is 200 caps.
So it keeps things very simple for me. Cheers

2 Likes