Is 325 ppfd to much?

So I have some seedlings sprouted with a few of my other autoflowers that are in veg. So I was trying to find a good ppfd that won’t harm any of the plants but still get good growth. A ppfd that won’t be too much for my seedlings, but won’t be too little for my plants in veg. Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Whats your ppfd at the tops of the seedlings? You want around 200 to 250… 325 shouldnt hurt, just monitor and decrease.if you have issues.

2 Likes

That’s my plan but my plants in veg are under 350 by a bit will that stunt them?

and from HLG-Resources-Calculators

May be for Cannabis, but doesn’t advertise it
And

Internet wasn’t around in 1980’s, What a tool.
Forum Fun Sharing, even better.
Good growing to you

Fun Time 4-2024 continues.

2 Likes

Correction indoor fun time 4-2024 continues.
another from internet or forum, somewhere

Well my 3 that were in early veg started trying to flower. Why? Was my ppfd to low? Or maybe I’m not watering enough? Or maybe heat stress? Anyway I think I’m going to pull them and start over again. I’m having nothing but trouble since I started. Or maybe I should stick with photos. I’m just confused on what to do.

WHY?

Pictures?
Seedlings take time, so grow these and new

seedlings, I do. Plenty of room in the grow tent, always.
I will be dropping some seeds, timed for 5/1 tail sightings.
Then we see what works best, from multiple forum discussions.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, PNW more rain.
My outdoor (too early) plants (the BUG infested 2023-4 winter banished Re-vegers). are banished to the dirt outdoors. Hope they like rain and can swim, cause it’s time for an ARK. Rain and cold has destroyed the apple tree blooms and the bees (too cold and they don’t fly in rain).

I’m a little confused. How old are your seedlings and how old are your autos? I wouldn’t throw anything away just yet. Pics would definitely help a lot.

@Ryguy420247

@Glitch is asking you.
My pictures may have distracted the thread reply.
He is correct, for you and me.

About 3 weeks. The small ones I think were stunted due to burying way too deep.

I think I figured it out. I don’t think I was watering them nearly enough

At that size it is far easier to over water than to underwater, even more so in a large pot. What medium are you using? looks to me like too much light with the tight nodes and bleaching, but you might let a few others chime in as I’m not the best at diagnosing.

I’m using promix so peat. Gaia green nutes.

I’m using photone to mesure ppfd

stick your finger in the soil an inch or so if it feels muddy its too wet if it is damp it’s good. don’t water until it feels dry and the pot feels light it might take a few days between waterings.

Ppfd was actually low I just noticed when I went to bump it up.

How much should you water autoflower seedlings and plants in veg? Because I seem to be getting multiple different answers. I think I have it now but still not sure.

I just zoomed in and got a better look. I see those are hairs and not bleached leaves like I originally thought

Ppfd is 349 so not to burn my seedlings but I thought would be aiquit enough for early veg. Maybe I was wrong. But I thought they needed higher ppfd to flower.

@DEEPDIVERDAVE wrong glitch :grin: