Introducing myself

Hello hello I’ve been reading here for a while so I should say hi from australia. I’m still relatively new to growing my favourite plant. I decided to try it during lockdown last year and now I’m on my third plant.

I live in a small inner city apartment with space for a one plant indoor set up only. Growing the plant has made me fall in love with it all over again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So this is my first gdp girl in a tent that I cobbled with two sets of tent frames to make it fit my weird sized space and still be fairly stealth. She’s exactly 7 weeks and wants to take over the place already. I’m using Canna Terra professional soil, Aptus base plus calmag. The light is a Spider Farmer sf1000. She’s been in a 3 gall since 4 weeks and has a lot of growing energy. She’s extremely thirsty.

I plan to up pot her again to a 7 gall. Just barely started training her.

Here she is a couple of weeks back.

And here is one of the last pics of my last canna baby who benefited from all the terrible mistakes I did to the very first one. She grew in a 1 gallon pot.

I also like growing other stuff and I have a small balcony garden of natives from my locale, some of which are endangered.

Thanks for reading and for having me here. Talk soon. :blush:

18 Likes

Welcome to the forum!! This is a great place. Lots of friendly and super knowledgeable growers. Nice lookin plants ya got there! Good luck and happy growing!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush:. I believe you have it going on. Beautiful plants :seedling: Happy Growing :blush::v:

3 Likes

morning mate…

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and sorry for putting a foot in my intro post lol

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome to the happy place. Nice setup, your ladies look great, inside and out.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group I’m sure you will love it here.

3 Likes

What beautiful plants. :heart_eyes:
Respect.

3 Likes

Welcome @LJ75 this is absolutely the best place for information, trouble shooting, shooting the sh!t, or just reading about different and new techniques. Great place to look around and stay ahead of your own game. Learning to recognize trouble and just meeting some of the best hood rats anywhere. Happy to have you here!

2 Likes

Exactly. welcome.
Have you considered cloning?
I love it.

4 Likes

@LJ75 welcome to the community, loads of awesome people here. keep em growin and stay happily elevated. will tag you to my journal if you like to follow along. :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community , stick around with glad to have you. your granddaddy purple is off to a great start Plant looks healthy. :v::+1:

3 Likes

Yes I am just learning about cloning! I am thinking to try it using a lower branch from this girl. However, space is a problem for me. Not that I haven’t considered whether I really need things like a washing machine lol in order to make more room for canna babies.
Is it really just a matter of putting the branch in water? My mum was a gardener and she did this all the time. Like, brazenly steal a piece of a shrub out of someone’s yard and grow it from that. She called it striking.

1 Like

Some say yes, Not really, but can be efficient and easy. I clone good plants or clone trim material if large enough (2inches branch or more). Forum contributors say the “CLONE NACHINEs” support better success. I practice water and soil cloning. Success increases with care and commitment. It is most important for continous grow and can be efficient (clones in dixie cups don’t take much space and positioned on tent floor for reduced lightingis summe. BEST is produce cloned plants in MARCH and plant outdoors in June.

[quote=“DEEPDIVERDAVE, post:16, topic:91846”]
Some say yes
[/quote] with the correct water, water can work, effortllessly. Same for soil.

always leave some nodes available, taking only TERMINAL (last 3 inches) of branch.
Whole branch if space or shaping requirements. Most growers will raise seedling to 8 nodes and then trim at fifth node allowing 3 node clone for starting. One seed plant will produce many clones except slower growth may result from cutting on plant.

1 Like

Forum thread by Treasurestoy
June 21 Clones, clones and more clones.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, nice to have you. Just make yourself at home. I’ve never seen another place where people are so willing to help. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

Just tagged you to my journal :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome aboard! Great learning experience ilgm has been for me. Youll love it here✌️

1 Like