If its your 1st grow, like mine, get this app!

Heyyy yall! :wave: I am starting a new endeavor into growing for myself and family. I have really no gardening background so its all totally new. Growing indoors can be challenging and very overwhelming when you start due to the lights and all. Well, that was my biggest issue. I saw a post on here about an app called Photone. IT’S GREAT!! I thought figuring out the DLI would be so aggravating and complicated, but with this app its a breeze. If you’re needing help figuring out your DLI, GET IT ASAP! It can give the DLI on pretty much any type of bulb or light you’re using. Just wanted to make a post about it for anyone just getting started. Because its helped me a ton! Just search Photone in the app store. :grin: Happy Growing!! :v:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community !

5 Likes

Thank you!! :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I tested photone against a par meter a while back and it wasn’t too bad.

The fluctuations on the par meter are do to my position around the meter. The slightest thing can offset readings.

4 Likes

Nearly 20% is too large for my taste. When I saw some similar comparisons a while back I was glad that I invested in the PAR meter when I first started growing.

5 Likes

Yessir! Same. For entry level though I’d say it’s fair/free

3 Likes

I guess thats not too bad! It has helped me a lot with just getting started and learning. Also dont have the disposable income atm and if someone else is in the same shoes I dont think this app is a bad idea. At least get a ballpark estimate and learn. I do appreciate you showing those comparisons. I’ll definitely be looking into meters now. Just have to save a lil. Thanks again man!!

2 Likes

20% is quite large! I am only 12 days into my journey so I have a little time to save up and get everything I’m needing. With me just learning about PAR, DLI, etc. this app has been a huge help.

3 Likes

The PPFD app is free and the Uni-T 383BT lux meter is $30. It’s been fantastic for me. It’s supposed to be within 5%.

The blue tooth allows me to use my phone while not in the light and make my adjustments without ever moving the meter. There’s some great videos about the combo.

look it over, heres some links if your interested.

Uni-T UT383BT

Migro Uni-T / PPFD app

PPFD APP

3 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Cool! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

OOps… Welcome aboard fellow gardener… :slightly_smiling_face: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Yeah, I was stretching my plants, then burning them up… back and forth trying to get my light right, picked up that Uni-T and all my problems went away. Apparently I’m bad at guessing. :roll_eyes: :rofl: :joy:

I’m old and have the eyes that come with it, keeping my head outta the lights really helps. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

So, I did have my lights a lil too close. I moved the lights and all according to the best dli/ppfd area. One of the girls leaves are looking kinda crisp…
Not sure if it was light/heat damage from before I moved them or a disease :thinking:
If anyone can help, youd be much appreciated.
Using promix soil. No nutes or anything. Water only. 3 gal pot.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that Im dealing with pests as well if that could be the issue.

2 Likes

Don’t get overly concerned with leaf imperfections. They will come and go. Keep your medium, light intensity, and pests in check and everything should work out just fine.

If the problems stay consistent as it grows then it’s probably something to look into.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate you.

2 Likes

Keep us posted how it goes. :grin: we all love to see the trees.

2 Likes

Will do! I was looking thru some of your posts/comments and your grow is beautiful! :heart_eyes: I am very thankful for your help and the help of others that are awesome growers too. I appreciate yall taking the time to share yalls knowledge. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Appreciate that! We are all just a tag away. What one doesn’t know another will! It’s a great place to learn!

2 Likes