If 1000 watts LED are too much for my 4'x4'x6'4"

Thanks.
With that in mind I’m toying with the idea of cutting the heat sink into separate boards for each light to evenly distribute them. Funny enough, I’m in the Facebook Growing Weed forum they’ve offered a 10% off coupon, which brings it down to $715.10.
The code is, for any interested GrowingWeed10

Just remember. No light will out perform the sun. So I don’t think you can have to much light past seedlings. It can be to close and burn but think about what they naturally grow under.

1 Like

I have two kind of set ups regarding heat sinks, one full heat sink, and like your idea 4 seperate heatsinks, both work well for high output lights :+1::kangaroo:

1 Like

I live in a desert. I tried to grown lavender outside, which is supposed to be a dry/hot climate plant. The sun fried it, despite being mostly shaded.

1 Like

There is a lot more to growing than just the light. Don’t get caught up in the never ending quest for more light. It won’t matter what light if you are stuck concentrating on just light. Get a good light and move on the the other aspects of growing the quality bud we’re all after. So many ways to mess up that no light will be able to perform if you don’t have good medium to grow in. Ph control. Good roots and staying on top of nutes.

4 Likes

Thanks.
I’m learning these things, & one of them is that too much light can stunt plants. I’m not concerned that I’ll not have enough light, as they are rated for 5x5 & I’m using a 4x4. Hence my desire for the potentiometer & par meter. I read one of the topics on par meter & the person’s use where they claimed to be able to optimize their yield because of it. Of course I’m learning of the nutrients, harvesting, & water curing had caught my eye.
I appreciate your points & look forwards to more wisdom

1 Like

You are gonna need to run a 1000 watt HPS at least 36 inches (or more) from your canopy. They run hot enough to par cook bacon :bacon:

Will need to SCRoG your tent so you don’t cook buds… I ran a 630watt CMH in a 4x4. It raised temps 20 degrees. That was with forced a/c and exhausting to another room.

Heat will be something to watch closely.

Best wishes on a awesome grow :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m investing in some QBs, but thanks for the tip

I’ve been doing this for years and I only have a clue how to grow. The only sure way to learn this is to grow weed and mess up and profit from the mistakes and move on. Gotta understand the basics first.

2 Likes

Nah, QB’s will work beautifully.

2 Likes

Sorry, thought you were doing 1000 watt HID, not LED. The thread is confusing or I am high… anyways, best of luck :+1:t2:

3 Likes

95% sure its this one… :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Maybe…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Must be nice…

No bowls for me

4 Likes

Spent many-a-day just like that… it sucks. Working from home is nice but, I work 0400-1800. Just not all at once

One day… year 10 in this hell hole. On track to retire at 45… but will be 20 years before full benefits so ill be working from home sooner then later

1 Like

An update, I had found the YouTube assembly video for the model at HLG’s site, watched it, looked in the description of said vid, which led me to their store where it was initially $732. Because they will match the others price I informed them of the 10% discount being offered by HLG, they matched it and didn’t charge me the cost of shipping HLG would’ve, so it came out to be $658.80. Making out like a bandit!

1 Like

Color me jealous, haven’t smoked in weeks

1 Like

Haha sweet deal! I sourced parts… bought 20 1 ft EB strips for ~$100 ended up getting sent to 2ft versions… also made out like a smooth criminal

4 Likes

Dang… we were just talking about strips! You scored, dude