I grew this in Miracle Grow potting soil

Still need to dry and cure it, but makes me wonder whether the disdain for Miracle Grow is deserved?

(P.S. that’s just the main cola. There aresnu more buds from this plant)

9 Likes

Some get away with it, but the disdain is justified.

7 Likes

Nobody has ever said you can’t grow cannabis in Miracle Gro: my first grow was with it and yielded 8 oz. per plant of dried flower.

It’s simply not an easy medium to work with and others have reported it to be a harsh smoke. The main issues are low PH and harsh salts.

Nice job!

11 Likes

Just dumb luck. But if a noob like me ( literally 2nd plant i grew) can get this result others should be encouraged.

1 Like

All i know is that ive had the sort of problems depicted with all kinds of media. Fox Farm Ocean floor potting soil, regular Fox Farm soil, a coco/ soil mix.

The Miracle Grow one wasn’t unique in having some yellowing of leaves. That seems to me to br common

Im sure using Miracle Grow is kinda like a Harley rider riding a moped, its okay till your friends see ya. :rofl:

7 Likes

They both get you where you’re going!

1 Like

Good for you!! I’ve had great success with MG as well!!

2 Likes

Them friends

4 Likes

Some of us don’t like MG because of who owns it, (Monsanto) Although it can be hard to grow due to time released nutes, you did a great job.

5 Likes

From 8 years ago:

3 Likes

I been following Monsanto for years as my family are farmers. I know first hand what they have been and are doing. They were trying to get in with Big Pharma when weed was going legal across the nation so they could create a synthetic form for sale so they could keep weed illegal. Damn shame folks act like this over money.

7 Likes

Thanks. But honestly it’s dumb luck.

1 Like

Commerce is sometimes bad, sometimes good.

That’s life…

I guarantee you can’t replicate that and keep replicating those same results.

4 Likes

I think that’s a challenge! I will try!

5 Likes

Back in the day early 80’s we grew some nice plants with Miracle grow plant food . This was before the Internet about the only thing you had to reference to was high times Magazine. A lot better cannabis proven products on the market to work with today.
Happy growing :v:

1 Like

Put a little head on top and she is a dancing :dancer:

2 Likes

I used to use miracle grow 6 month feed. I heard from several members that plants don’t do quite as well during flower. You might get higher potency with a better soil. I used FF happy frog this time. I am using ILGM fertilizer this grow.

1 Like

I’d like to take you up on that challenge myself lol!!

3 Likes