Hydroponic initial Solution

I am transitioning from soil to hydro, what is the best initial solution or an RDWC setup?
I understand to start with clean distilled water, what else goes into the initial solution?
Thanks!

4 Likes

I used a ebb and flow set up. Has 55gal drum that pumps to a reservoir then to pots. I use tap water and green planet nutrients. I ph my water to 6.0-6.2 after adding nutes. I will most likely change to jacks 321 after I use up my current nutes.

2 Likes

RDWC is similar to what I use. Will your system pump? Or is it powerless

1 Like

It is a 4 bucket DWC setup with an air pump that recirculates the solution in each 5-gal container.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I love hydroponic growing it’s so much easier for me. The next grow will be my second in hydroponic setting.

3 Likes

What’s your tap water PH and TDS Grow Bro? I run tap water in my aeroponic set ups, my water source has a PH of 7.1 and the PPMs are 120ish :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

morning SmittyJ…welcome to hydro…make sure you use some kind of root inoculant like Hydroguard or Southern AG and exchange your reservoir on a regular schedule if you can…

3 Likes

Hey buddy for shits and giggles…
Your tap Ph when it comes out Vs pH after sitting a day?

3 Likes

Admittedly I don’t let my tap water set and gas off. I have fead just tap in my reservoirs and it does drift upwards from 6.0 to 6.5ish over 2-3 days though. Hope that’s what you were asking :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Good enough for me buddy thanks, I don’t off gas anymore either :upside_down_face:
Well I do but I don’t let my water for the rez. When I caught that is when I started this Auto organic fun. Since I’m topdress water only I had a jug sitting on stand by, went to pH it for use and noticed it had went from 7.1 out of the tap to 8,3 a day later :person_shrugging:t2: Roll with the flow I will :metal:t2::green_heart:

3 Likes

From tap I get 6.2 at 100ppm

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll order some of that, do you have a preference?

2 Likes

I started with 6.2 pH and 100ppm out of the tap. I’ll check that this afternoon and report back, that will make it 24 hours of recirc so it should give me a good answer for you. And thanks for replying!

2 Likes

hydroguard because it is already diluted for hydro…I believe the Southern AG is full strength…

2 Likes

I would use your tap water and save the money :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

100% :point_up:t2::point_up:t2::green_heart::metal:t2:
And Southern AG for the Win :tada::tada:

3 Likes

Winner winner :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice :blush:

1 Like