Hey folks any help is appreciated

Hey guys I’m pretty new to growing but have always had good results. Ive got a girl in week 4 of flower and she is not happy at all. It was bagseed from gg4 from a local shop so i figured why not. Im growing in FFOF and when i flipped after week 2 i started noticing what i thought was magnesium deficiency and began treating with epsom salt. Using advanced nurtients 6ml/gallon. I didnt expect recovery of these leaves but i am driving myself crazy watching for changes. Can anyone give an opinion on what the problem is here. Half the plant is hurting and the other half seems fine.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!!
Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more accurate answer with the questions below filled out.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Thanks!

2 Likes

Following. I have something similar I haven’t been able to get rid of. I hope you have better luck than me. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Once you fill out that support ticket we can give you a solution. Its hard to diagnose things without knowing the input ppm and ph and runoff and the grow details asked for in the support ticket. I can post some charts up for you for the time being to refer to

1 Like

Strain: girilla glue #4
-Age of plant/ week 4 day 30 of flower
-Method: soil fox farm ocean forrest
-Vessels: fabric pot
-PH of 6.5 with solution and 6.3-6.6 runoff
-PPM/TDS is around 850
-Method used to measure PH and TDS battery operated meter
-Indoor 2x4 ten
-Light system LED ionboard s24
-Actual wattage draw of lights NA
-Current Light Schedule 12/12
-Temps; Day 77f night 68f
-Humidity; Day 55% Night 60%
-Ventilation system; Yes, T6
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, all as needed
-Co2; No

I hope thats what you guys meant by ticket lol obviously new here

3 Likes

How big is the pot and how long has she been in it? After that what about nutes or feeding in general?
The damaged leaves will not repair so dont stress. New growth is what you would look at.

1 Like

I almost wanna say your feeding her not enough but ill tag some others and see what they say as ive only grown in coco coir @Docnraq @MidwestGuy @HMGRWN @Myfriendis410

1 Like

What are you feeding her? Looks like mag def a bit.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag my friend.

1 Like

I think some of what you are seeing is normal flowering wear n tear but also which you have addressed is calmag. All of your numbers are good. Nothing alarming. The new growth looks healthy. Is all of the new growth healthy? Have you given her any sugars/carbs like mollasses? I would water her next time, get ur run off numbers and give her a late bloom booster. Like 1.10.10 or something along those lines. How close is ur light?

2 Likes

7 gallon pot transferred from a 3 gallon pot. She has been in there since August 2nd and changed light to 12-12 on 8/23. I am halving advanced nutrients micro grow bloom @ 8 ml per gallon. Looked perfect (to me) when i switched th cycle. First 2 weeks were smooth then one day this. Ive always had problems work from the bottom of the plant upup but this seems like it is top down affecting new growth instead of old.

Day i flipped to flower

Yesterday.

2 Likes

Thats what i thought too and started adding in epsom salts immediately. I noted on day 14 i saw what i though might be calmag deficiency. And added epsom by day 21. I dont know if its getting worse or im driving myself crazy. Buds are developing. Not as fast as her tent matr but she is also twice the size.

I am glad you mentioned that, it slipped my mind. I am using foop organics sweetener which i started after i noticed the deficiency. My light was at 18inches for the whole grow but i moved it up today to 24 inches because of the issue.

Look to new growth to see if the problem persists. You cant beat a deficiency by adding a ton in but keep using it and it will stop showing up.

2 Likes

That is a calcium deficiency. You have any Calmag in your nutrient regimen? If so, discontinue the epsom for now (epsom is just magnesium and sulphur) and start adding the Calmag.

7 Likes

Yup. I mentioned that as well. You have added the mag and sulfur but you need the calcium. What do you have?. FF has this

But any calcium add will do.
@BobbyDigital @Olskool72

1 Like

See bro thats why your the mod. Hate when Im wrong. Seems like its always either cal, mag or both.

2 Likes

I have some botanicare calmag plus but never added any in out if fear of burning. In veg everything seemed super healthy, but perhaps whatever was in the ocean forrest soil during veg has been used up? Would you recommend adding to every watering or just to feedings as that is next up a feeding.

Nutes in OF last about 4-5 weeks. I start adding 0.10.10 at week 4 of flower.
Not every. Add some for sure next watering. I alternate. She always gets 6.8 RO every other watering. A good watering schedule and keeping track is preventative maintenance. Once it is visible it has been an issue for 2 to 3 weeks with soil.

1 Like

I would substitute water only day for calmag days. Then do your nutrient day.

2 Likes