Help! Weed makes me paranoid

Hi folks,

I recently harvest ( 10% amber trich.) and dried my ak-47 auto flower with the main purpose to smoke
It before bed so it can help me with with my sleeping disorder. It’s been working wonderful for me, I hit the joint 2-3 times before sleep and I was getting the best sleep in my life, my quality of life improved significantly but the last few days all changed. Hitting the joint before bed don’t give me anymore that nice relaxing high that puts me out sleeping but instead I am getting all paranoid and staying up all night long with my brain working wide open.

Can anyone tell me why is that?

2 Likes

The only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of not all buds had the same amber content. Maybe some were more cloudy?

5 Likes

I agree with @Bonjoyle . Maybe next grow, harvest when more amber trichs. 40% ?
I hate that paranoid feeling. Have u tried making edibles?

2 Likes

Thank you man,

If I really think about it my lower plant probably had more clear trich. and recently I smoked those buds. I am very new in this and don’t know how to make edible’s. If you send me some links with recipes I will definitely try it

3 Likes

There are tons of recipes on here. Just click the search and you will find them. Also, lots on the web. Good luck.

1 Like

AK-47 is a sativa dominate hybrid. Regardless of trichomes it can be a gear grinder. If you want weed for sleep you need to stay with indica dominate strains.

6 Likes

yeah funny you say that, AK47 put my head in a vise and cant-sit-still feeling. One of the more potent I’ve tried

2 Likes

When you can, buy some dosidos from ilgm. 70/30 Indica dominant with up to 30% thc. Harvest when at 30% amber and you will definitely not feel like that.

2 Likes

Girl Scouts Cookies Extreme Autos were my first grow and it had me eating like a monster then totally crashing.

5 Likes

Ilgm strawberry CBD kush indica… It has tiny amounts of thc, and it really shines for sleeping if you let it ripen to 9wks…

2 Likes

I am an Indica guy myself for sleep. Gg…critical…master kush…etc. switching up but sativa is a little racy to me. Gaming grass. If can put in budget a levo2 full kit will pay itself fast. Oils/honey/butter infusions etc. Dries/decarbs/infuses. An edible an hour before bed and poof…gone. I am a horrible insomniac. I make cakes/cookies/candies etc. I can also just take a tblspoon oil or so and wash it down. I turn full plants into oils when flower heavy like now.

I make edibles so my partner sleeps (he has anxiety issues) and so I can get pain relief. I stick to heavy indicas. I have grown Blueberry Dream photos, Gorilla Glue autos, Blue Cheese. You might also try mixing in some CBD tincture (I like GreenRoads). Heavy Sativa and high THC may not be right for you.

2 Likes

The hardest thing with edibles is determining the right dose. The Levo2 definitely makes it easy to infuse the oil. I don’t use it to dry weed, but decarb and infusing are easy and less smelly.

1 Like

I am growing a strain called cream and cheese at the moment. First 1. Supposed to test around 18%cbd and 20+ thc. Photo. Was easy to keep short and bushy. Hoping for good sleep med. 5 weeks or so out. I will post results after cure.

Once I tried making tea. I heated a bunch of leaves in the oven (I don’t remember the temp) for about 1/2 hour once it reached temp. I mixed it with a little olive oil before making the tea. I assumed it wouldn’t be very strong because my understanding is the leaves are short on THC. Boy was I wrong. I don’t remember how much I used…perhaps about a tablespoon or more. It came on slowly but sent me to never never land for at least four hours. It’s not for me. I prefer controlling the dose and a shorter high. Two tokes and wait a minute to see if I need another one.

1 Like

For paranoid scenarios, it would Be idea to have some strong (CBD only) oil on hand. Its easily available, or grown… just saying… And Peppercorns as an alternative.

3 Likes

Second the peppercorns.

I find that poorly cured bud gives me paranoia. If it’s green I usually avoid it but if I do feel the racy feeling I can crunch a bunch of peppercorns over 15 mins and it just goes away.

1 Like

I feel the same way lol, id rather have quick & controlled lol… peppercorn??? Isnt that pepper? Spicy, how the heck do ya chew that lol :laughing: :woozy_face:

Strong lemonade will attenuate a high as well.

4 Likes

Tolerance is up. May take more hits for same effect. I smoke constantly, I no longer get as high as I used to. Also indica is best for sleep, not sure what you’ve been hitting on.