AC Infinity is the way to go with fans these days, I use these
Very cool, I think I already have that one saved, but isnāt there a carbon filter involved?
Iād also like to see how you mounted that puppy.
I have the exhaust fans sitting on top of my tents on a rigid board that is supported by a couple of the tent ceiling poles that hold your lights and stuff, nothing special.
Carbon filter is good to have if you want to control odor, the best ones are made by Phresh and Mountain Air. Get the right size carbon filter to match up to the exhaust - like 6" for both.
You can see my carbon filter here mounted to one of the top poles

Itās a G-Hydro 6" carbon filter, not too expensive and works fine for me.
My ideal tent dimensions are 5 x 2.5 x 7 but Gorilla doesnāt make offer it. I can get close with several other brands, but the quality isnāt there IMO.
These are the questions Iād like to ask someone at a place like Growers House right now. Iām seriously trying to spend some $$$ but canāt get a response from anyone. Itās frustrating for sure.
Thinking of doing away with carbon filter in tent to gain more height Iām exhausting outside and teeing off another tent we both have med.cards, and legal or would the canabis smell be too strong in and outside the house? My grow rooms are in basement
I have my filter on the exterior of my tent and works rather well, if you have the room ![]()
Yes Soon as my drying is done gonna move blower and filter outside tent to free up space, looking to gain all the room I can
Before I started using a carbon filter, my friends that would come visit always said they smelled it as soon as they came anywhere near my house. But if I lived in a legal state, I wouldnāt bother with it. I never really smelled it in the house, due to the constant exhaust, all air leaves my house via my 2 exhaust fans.
Been there done that brother. They can definitely put out a pungent smell. Some of my guerilla grows did the same thing. I could follow my nose. Kinda like toucan sam with the fruity pebbles
![]()
Iām sure you remember those commercials
![]()
Yep, just follow your nose, sometimes thatās the only way I found some of my guerilla grows, I know I put them over here somewhereā¦
Time to top the girls
Why top? In small grow spaces and tents, height is always going to be an issue. Topping will keep your plants shorter. It will also make better use of the light. If you donāt top, youāre growing a xmas tree shape plant, narrow top and wide base. We want to turn that shape upside down, wide top and narrow base so most of the plant mass is at the top, near the lights.
What are we cutting? We cut the top of the plant off, thatās why itās called ātoppingā. This is going to cause the side branches to grow much faster and bigger than if the top was not cut. What we are creating is a plant with many tops, not just one. This will increase yield.
Where to top? Depends on how many tops you want on the plant, more tops are going to make a bushier plant and bushier plants take up more room. In a 3x3, I normally go for 4-6 tops per plant, growing 4 plants. If I had a bigger tent, I might go for 8-10 tops. To get 4 main branches, we cut above the 2nd node. for 6 main branches we cut above the 3rd node, for 8 cut above the 4th node and so on.
When to top? I like to wait until after the transplant, about a week or so to give the plant time to spread her roots out and start growing quickly and have at least 6 nodes.
Here we go, this is easy, get your clean trimmers out and cut some heads off. They wonāt hate you, for long.
Hereās the girls today, looking nice and healthy, think itās day 27 (checking my spreadsheetā¦yep) 36RH 77F already topped the Cherry Ice Cream clone (front right)
Letās take a closer look at one of the gorillas and decide where to cut
Iām gonna cut where my forefinger is, leaving 3 nodes below the cut, leave a good amount of stem below the cut.
Now make the cut, remember this is for a good cause, to control height and increase yield, gotta do it
Cut made above 3rd node, good amount of stem left below the cut, done. Now do the rest.
A pile of tops
All done
Check out the female pre-flowers (the pair of white hairs) on the clone top, sheās over 3 years old so very sexually mature
The over watered girl is already looking a little better
Wonāt lie Iām really nervous to top but know itās necessary for the space Iām growing in is a node just a section where branches have grown
Is topping necessary when growing in a 6ft tent?
I wonder what the yield comparison is?
To top or not to top.
I consider it necessary unless you flip to flowering at 4-5 weeks (small plants, small yield) or SOG little clones, otherwise it can get too tall. 6ft is not much when you take away a foot for the pot, the foot above your light, the foot or 2 that should be between your light and plant, what does that leave? Not much at all.
On yields, the difference between a single cola plant flipped into flowering at 4-5 weeks and a topped plant that can now be vegged much longer, say 2 months, with 6 - 8 main tops is huge. Youād be lucky to get 2 oz from that single cola plant vs 6-8 oz from the topped plant.
This girl produced close to 8 oz.
I donāt grow autos, and never will but the word is you donāt top autos. So for those of you growing autos, donāt top. Some of my methods are not for you auto growers.
Speaking of 6ā tall tents, when I replace my flowering tent (3x3x6) soon, I will be getting a 7ā or taller tent, the extra height would be very nice, more room for carbon filter, light mounting, buds, etc⦠Veg tents, itās not so much an issue, 6ā tall is fine.
Wished Id topped not Fimed now lol.
Great thread mate.
So when you topped your plants you cut above the third node which will give you 6 main branches if Iām wanting to go for 4 I would want to go one node lower leaving 2 nodes below instead of 3 as you did
Yes, exactly.







