Harvest Time - Are we there yet?

This is my first grow completely in DWC and it’s now going into the 10th week of flowering for most of the plants. I definitely need a little more definition on just when and how to flush and and then harvest. It’s probably personal opinion but this crop of 4 plants seem excellent. They completely fill my 3 ft square tent and hang out of the flap a good 6 inches when unzipped.

The plants have dropped a goodly number of dead/dying lower and inner fan leaves throughout the grow; had yellowing spots and leaf tips all along; and, all manner of other things. But they are still extremely green and vibrant still. I really want to try and get a better handle on the trichome thing before they mature any more.

My last grow (which turned out to be in soil) could have been a lot better. I waited and waited (AND WAITED) for trichomes to turn amber. What I wound up with instead was the plants self-fertilizing and a good supply of fem seeds. Don’t get me wrong, there was a good bit of very decent smoke as well but things could have been better.

Of 4 plants in this grow I have 3 that to me are extremely beautiful girls. The 4th is an extremely runty Gold Leaf that despite being about 10 - 11 inches tall is loaded with buds.

I haven’t been able to get the best pics but here’s a few that may give an idea of what the plants look like.



As of today virtually all the trichomes have gone cloudy. (But as I said earlier, ZERO amber.) Lacking better guidance or color change I plan on flushing starting in 7 days before harvesting. So I welcome all the input I can get to allow for the best production these plants have in them.

Happy Easter and great growing and toking one and all.

Cloudy means youll get an energetic high you can harvest at this point if that’s the buzz you want, otherwise if you want couch lock give them another 2 weeks your almost there

Put them on 10/14 light schedule for at least another two weeks and if you can lower your lights any more closer , that will help penetrate the canopy , but a longer dark period will cause them to double in resin and help them ripen faster , but when I first started running the 10/14 my plant went from cloudy to Amber in about 4 days .

Hi Majiktoker,

Many thanks for the response.

As I mostly smoke for pain control a little longer will be better. So I think I’ll stick with my game plan and flush in another week.

Happy toking!

Mark

Hey buddy how’s it going no problem, best of luck I think wait a bcc pulls weeks and start flushing in about 4 days

Hi, Majiktoker.

I decided to give the process yoshi outlined a try. I’ve got some extremely nice plants going and really want to get the most out of them.

It looks like you’re talking about flushing for more than a week. Is that right? I’ve never flushed out of DWC and had planned on 4 days but want to give it plenty of time.

Happy toking and growing,
Mark

I was saying flush in 4 days, what ever works for you and about the week part they would probably be Amber