GROW #2 Jack H Auto Indoor

Looking great, nicely done on the transplant :love_you_gesture:

OCTOBER 15: Happy Friday ! Girls Doing Great
Early Differences Between Alice and Betty:
Alice’s 3rd set of leaves are 3 fingered and Betty’s 3rd set are 5 fingered.
Betty was Wounded back on Oct 12th losing one 3rd set leaf ( see pic )…But is recovering
fine with minimal shock.
Alice appears to have a slightly thicker lower base stem.

I always love this stage as new growth is quite noticeable every 12 hours.

At Day “12” these 2 girls are So Far Ahead of the 2 plants I harvested in Aug !!!
I’ll Post Comparison pics at end of this post…

Have set them out on back deck for 2.5 hrs past 2 days ( cloudy today )
Inside with lights at 50%, PPFD is currently 390 at 12" Temp between 78f - 80f.

Have a Good Weekend and See ya in a couple days !

MONDAY Oct 11th

TUESDAY Oct 12th

Bettys Broken Leaf 1 of the 3rd set

WEDNESDAY Oct 13th

THURSDAY Oct 14th

FRIDAY Oct 15th
COMPARING this Current Grow At DAY 12 VS 1ST Grow at DAY 15 - BIG DIFF

1st Grow at DAY 15 ( both had stressful events a week earlier )
1st Grow Alpha at Day 15

1st Grow Charlie at Day 15

CURRENT Grow - Today at Day 12….so far ahead…

Betty Recovering Fine from broken leaf

4 Likes

Nice growth, and healthy! Always a Bonus :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looking good and healthy

1 Like

OCTOBER 20
Happy Hump Day… !
Happy Topping Day…!
Decided to Top Both. (Day 17) Done at 4th Node (same as Grow 1 )
Previous Grow not topped til Day 25 ( due to early stress )
Topped 2 hrs into light cycle; after scheduled watering.
10 Hrs later doing Fine.
Reminder: Alice in Super Soil from aPotForPot and Betty in FF Ocean
So Far ahead of Grow 1 that I was actually getting a bit anxious while visualizing \ thinking about anticipated LST and how much bigger this grow is going to be Lol - 1st world problems.
Been able to put outside with angled rotation ( as before ) last 3 days. 4 hrs today.
Ambient at 60-70 and blue skies this week. In Sun, the fiber bags get nice and warm
Inside - currently at 485 ppfd at 12".

Both Topped

5 Likes

OCT 25 - Manic Monday ? :rofl:
Girls looking fine. Growing strong
I Added an aux side lamp. Cob 35w led.
The plant closest to the cob lamp gets rotated every 30 mins. Thx to retirement Lol
may devise a platter to auto rotate when i’m not home :thinking: :thinking:
The 2 plants are swapped positions twice a day.
I chopped 1st node branches on both 10/23 and Lst - 2nd node branches.
took a toothpick and put speck of honey on wound where branch cut and the applied small bandage, will remove in a day or 2
Alice is 3" taller but other aspects look the same.

Side Aux Lamp added plant rotated every 30 mins

ALICE…

BETTY…

10 22 21 Betty top +2 closeup

Remember that Betty lost a 3rd node fan leaf
That’s why she looks a bit bare in this pc below

3 Likes

Very healthy looking brother! Nice job with the topping :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hey There…been away longer than planned.
Been a little bit of a rollercoaster ride last 2 weeks

Finding out it’s very different growing in 5 gallon bags that are now Inside 100% of time versus 3 gallon bags that spent 8 hrs a day in the sun every day. ( 18/6 schedule )

Alice is in Fox Farm O.P. vs Betty in APotforPot Super Soil…
I am discovering I have to Add nutes to the Fox Farm.

I Do believe I was watering too much Plus I wonder if I had enough Perlite mixed in bottom third of Alice’s bag - it Seemed to be holding moisture and not drying out in lower 1/4th of bag.
SO - I actually Transplanted Alice again yesterday ( 11/7 ) into another 5 gal bag. Put a 50/50 mix of soil and Perlite in bottom 1/4 of bag, cut off bottom of current bag and removed wet soil at bottom and gently dropped Alice out the bottom into new bag. Gave a nice drink with Cal Mag added. 24 hrs later Alice is looking Ok.

Betty was looking rough 5\6 days ago but is looking better now - losing the ‘claws’
Should have given her nutes a week earlier I think.

Did some moderate Defoliation to Both on Nov 2nd

Bunch of Pics to follow…First Alice - then Betty

Today November 8th is DAY 35 of Grow

ALICE: From Oct 27 to Nov 8th

Some Defoliation Done 11/2

Beautiful Sunny Warm Fall Day So Outside We Go…

HERE’S BETTY…

Did Some Defoliation On Nov 2nd

BOTH…

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to All !!

Been an eventful 2 Weeks for Both lol

ALICE: I assume I shocked Alice pretty good when I did a 2nd transplant on Nov 7. Very little change and No trichomes visible as of Nov 25th ( Day 52 ).
Mid and upper leaves began developing curling inward - see pic below. I ended up physically manipulating them to spread back open ( pic below).
I think I may have had lamp too close, Backed off to 16" Nov 15th ( ppfd ~ 750 )
I am thinking Alice doesn’t have a well formed root ball. Still got spots in bag that are Very slow drying out. Buds not expanding like her sister Betty and No Visible Trichomes !! :slightly_frowning_face:

BETTY: Betty is doing well and has a Sweet Smell !!
I was late adding nutes to the Fox Farm so lost some color 2 weeks ago But began feeding at 1/2 dose and rebounding ok. Improved color on all new growth
Noticed Trichomes on Betty on Nov 19th !!
Yesterday I finally gently touched top bud with thumb and index finger and Wow - What a delicious Sweet Smell !!! Previous grow ( same strain ) did Not smell as sweet as this !!
I am Psyched about Betty

Curious if Alice will recover from shock - not gonna hold my breath ( still think I caused issue in the beginning by not adding enough Perlite to soil Mix

TIL NEXT TIME !!!
Poor ALICE:

Curled Leaf

After Manipulating Leaves to Uncurl Them
Purple Color Coming From Red\Blue Cob LED aimed from the side 1/2 way down
Plants get rotated qtr turn every 30 mins

Stalled \ Still Shocked ?

NO Trichomes

BETTY…

Nutes Helping

Thanks for Visiting

3 Likes

They look to be hungry in my eyes. All the yeller tells me they need food at the age they r they should not be so yellow. I believe they r lacking food it seems to me. What’s the feed schedule u do

1 Like

OK… So…
Alpha, the shorter indica dominant, is in Superb Soil from APotForPot
Whereas
Betty is in Fox Farm Ocean Pacific and I did not realize that, Unlike the Superb Soil, I had to start adding Nutes. Which I did Not do until after 5th week when I started noticing Yellowing…
1st 5 Weeks was ph’d water Only
then
Nov 6th: Ph’d 6.6 Cal Mag added and 1/4 Dose of FloraMicro\FloraGro and FloraBloom - 5 Cups
Nov 11th: Ph 6.4 CalMag added and 1/2 Dose of FM \ FG \ FB - 4 Cups
Nov 15th - Same Mix as above - 3 cups
Nov 17: Ph 6.2 Cal Mag added and 3/4 Dose of FM \ FG \ FB - 4 Cups
Nov 21st - Same mix as Nov 17 - 4 cups
Nov 24th: Plain Water with Cal Mag added - 5 cups
After this last watering of water only I was thinking of using 3/4 dose of nutes next two feedings then another water only feed…
If Alice doesn’t come out of her stall \ shock in next 7 days or so I may toss her and focus all lights \ energy on Betty - as I said she is smelling absolutely delicious and there are -0- trichomes on Alice.

2 Likes

I think me easy uses soils similar like urs is. He might be of help to u. @MeEasy

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Mark0427 , hi @Scrumm_21 , I’m not familiar with the soil from a pot for a pot but super soil is just a living soil and as long as you keep the soil healthy it takes care of the plant. There’s some definite differences in care for soil mainly not adding any chemicals or salts, not allowing the soil to dry out completely and it’s really not necessary to ph the water. I’ve never used that flora line of food, is it organic or a salt based nute line

3 Likes

I know u need calmag with it

1 Like

The pot 4 pot medium is very similar to the FF coco medium. Preamended and will go for about 4 weeks with water only. They claim start to finish, but I grew my 1st indoor plant and had to feed at week 5.

3 Likes

Thanks for checking in MeEasy ! It is Not considered Organic.
My 1st grow this past summer I used PotForAPot Superb Soil and got Great results. That was 2 Jack Herer Autos - 1 in a 3 gallon bag and the other in a 2 gallon bag.
This time around my issue with the PFP Superb Soil is, I am positive, I did not mix in near enough Perlite. (And I foolishly did a 2nd transplant after 5th week )
But,
This 2nd grow I decided to do 1 plant in Fox Farm soil and was unaware that nutes had to be added after approx 4 weeks. The plant in the Fox Farm soil is rebounding nicely ( if slowly ) now that I am adding Nutes. Starting with 1/4 dose, then 1/2, then 3/4.
As I mentioned in last post the smell is Awesome and pungent.

4 Likes

NOV 30 … Ready for Dec…

Well, We had a Funeral for Alice.
On Nov 27th It became apparent Alice was not developing further. When I pulled her out of bag the roots were def not well formed or growing.

So… Rearranged Lighting setup. All 4 Grow Lites on Betty. 2 Overhead LEDS and 2 Cobb Led lamps ( 1 Red\Blue and 1 Full Spectrum ) that are aimed at sides ( see pics )

I am rotating bag 1/8 turn every 30 mins. for full coverage

Betty is doing well, Responding to nutes I am adding. Buds swelling nicely. Lower Buds developing thx to side lites. Nice aroma when walk into room. Pic washes out color some, new growth looks good
PICS:

Uploading: 11 30 21 BettyBr 6 Maybe.jpg…

Thanks for Looking !!

1 Like

Alright, Time to check in… :wink:
Today is Dec 10 and is Day 67
Things have gone fine over last 10 days :grinning:
Buds going thru what I assume is a final Swelling stage, very obvious with new white pistils and new green swelling on all buds.
On Dec 4th the Trichomes seem to be mostly Clear.
Dec 10 the Trich’s seem to be close to 75% Cloudy. I think I saw a couple Amber ones.
She is a very Thirsty girl sucking up the water. Last 2 watering’s been with 3/4 doses of nutes, couple before that were 1/2 doses.
Thinking of Water only next 2 watering’s and keep close eye on Trichs.
Maybe be cutting Christmas Day ??

BUDS SWELLING…

12 10 21 betty trichs

Thanks for Looking !!

1 Like

Hello and a Belated Happy Holidays !
I Harvested Betty on Dec 23rd. which was Day 81.

I probably could have gone 1 more week but
was up against a deadline.

Gf’s deadline lol - We are recarpeting and repainting the bedroom used as the grow area.

I did have mostly cloudy Trichs with amber mixed in.
If I had to guess… about 20% amber.
She has a sweeter, more potent smell than my 1st grow.
While trimming, I clipped a couple small marble nuggets by accident and threw them in brown paper bag.
This morning, after 5 days in bag ( opening once a day ), I dropped a small piece in pipe. Flavor was great !! Really wasn’t harsh.

Buds will finish hanging today or tomorrow then in to mason jars for 4 weeks with typical burp regimen, target is ~62% rh

My birthday is in 4 weeks so Perfect timing lol.
I cured my 1st grow 4 weeks in jars and was super smooth and flavorful.

Again, I learned a Whole Lot from this 2nd grow, as I did a Whole Lot More reading… mainly about light exposure and nute maintenance in a product like Fox Farm OP.

I still have both SuperbSoil from P4aP which requires nothing added, and Fox Farm OP and will do a plant in each again for grow #3.

I Believe my big mistake, causing the loss of Alice, was transplanting straight from the small peat pot to the 5 gal bag, not having an adequate root ball developed . I will be using solo cups next time.

Gelato is on the menu for grow 3 starting in Febuary, and I have Blue Cheese I will start in May.

Thanks For checking in and hope to see all next grow.

Happy New Year

3 Likes