Gold Leaf Fem started 2/16/17 *2ndGrow!*

The language in the law is plants can’t be “visible from public space” without the aid of binoculars or drones or anything. So if your neighbors can see, that’s fine. If the people in the parking lot next door can see… put up a screen.

1 Like

thanks, I was planning to go look that up myself! Also remember that your grow area has to be secured!

Licensed growers need secure site. Personal grow area has to have “a security device.” Camera? Dogs? Motion activated light? Voodoo curse?

2 Likes

is a shotgun a security device? hahahahaha

I’m just gonna lock my gate (once I start growing outside) until the clarify and I put a lock on my indoor grow room.

1 Like

That may be the number one factor preventing me, I really do not want any one snooping around my house.

My yard is not that big and already fenced. I also have 2 dogs. I’m not worried. But I also have a pretty secluded backyard. I’m more worried about having to share it with my neighbors lol

2 Likes

FTR: “lock or other security device.” Seems to me that if your house is your grow area, and it has locks… There ya go. Not a lawyer, tho. So. Mostly I think the police in my quaint little town are glad to have more time to collect more revenue from speeding tickets.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/SessionLaws/Acts/2016/Chapter334

(a)  Restrictions on personal cultivation. No person shall cultivate or process marijuana plants pursuant to section 8 of this chapter if the plants are visible from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids or cultivate or process marijuana plants outside of an area that is equipped with a lock or other security device. A person who violates this subsection shall be punished by a civil penalty of not more than $300 and forfeiture of the marijuana, but shall not be subject to any other form of criminal or civil punishment or disqualification solely for this conduct.

I looked at it from the stand point of preventing unauthorized access to my MJ. It and the grow are secured in a spare bedroom behind a locked door. I have grand children…

2 Likes

Good call. My kids are millenials – no grandkids yet, and I’m growing in the boy’s room while he’s at college! Inside’s not an issue.

I’ll definitely be putting in a motion sensor camera when I transplant outside. It’s a quaint little town, but I’m not risking some random kids getting to my ladies. I’m also planning to top them and/or train them to keep them under 4 feet – no taller than my fence. Just in case.

And good call right back atcha.

Err on the side of caution Everytime!

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before we read about plants getting stolen etc

1 Like

I think just a strong odor would invite curiosity or concern from neighbors, however, I live in a densely settled small city so…

3/5
17 days from seed
Keeping in indirect LED while my WWs finish
First 1/4 feeding with Sensi A&B
The watering stakes worked great while I was gone 5 days. A friend stopped by on day 3 to refill the 160z bottles and mist the baby girls. The bottles were down about 1/3 on days 3 and 5

5 Likes

Back from vacation? Girls look fine!

1 Like

Yup, first thing I did was check on my grows! :blush:
(Only cuz I don’t get my fur babies until tomorrow :disappointed:)

Girls all did great!

2 Likes

Awesome. Sometimes it’s good to let the furry ones have an extra day off. Lol

1 Like

March 8, 20 days from seed:

Here are my two Gold Leaf Girls - doing well!

They are living in the grow tent with my WWAF in indirect LED, looks like I will have to keep them going for a while longer than planned while the Widows finish up OR move them back out under the T8 - hoping they don’t get too big so I can keep them in the tent and then switch them to 12/12 as soon as I harvest.

Lessons learned!

3 Likes

3/12 now 24 days old and just doing their thing :two_hearts:

6 Likes

3/14

Not much to report on Day 27 from seed soak

Girls looking great now 3-5 sets of leaves on each. One girl just starting to show her sex.

Today: fed 1/4 strength:
Sensi A & B
Cal-Mag

pH DI H2O and nutes in at 5, runoff at 6.5

Do have some slight red/purple starting g to show on tops of petioles —now wondering if this is from Fox Farm Happy Frog?
(Had same issue with my WWs that Val mag didn’t clear)

Just time to add pictures of one girl - they are both about the same size.

4 Likes

30 days from seed, one more internode and I am going to FIM for my first time.

*note, one plant has some bendy leaves, that’s just because I’m out of tent space and she is bending up the wall :heart:

Fed 1/4 sensi A&B and sensi cal-mag, pH out 6.5

@FloridaSon just a tag as an update :blush:

9 Likes

They’re looking good!

1 Like