Germination issues, seedlings dying, extremely difficult find soil , or afford soil and shipping

I’m a greenhorn here, haven’t obtained enough knowledge to give advise on “the grow” . The FFOF I ordered was 30lbs. Shipped free on amazon.cost me 18.00 total. The grow questions I will leave to the more experienced amoung us. The “download” I was referring to is from this site, look under “GUIDES” AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A COMPETE step by step A TO Z “how to” grow. It’s an invaluable source of info. Read it and it will answer many questions you have and answer many questions you haven’t thought of yet!

External Media

Audiofreak

September 29

I’m no where near proper lighting! But what you see is what I got using what I have. Have 2 plants, ending 6th week of flowering. Don’t know what I’m going in up with in a couple of weeks but considering what I have to work with I’m pleased with what I have. I am going to go higher end LED’'S (HLG) most likely. And FFOF is FOX FARMS OCEAN SOIL.

All photos taken in the last 48 hours.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Now

Mail kept getting sent back saying file to big so sorry if you didn’t get the pictures, I’m so not tech savvy my 16 year old walks circles around me and my 9 year old well that’s just crazy school required a tablet… however, they are super smart I had to take my happy butt to the library, hopefully find the book and then look and read, these kids just say “ok Google”

I want to copy you but I’m gonna add LED with my CFL and the 4 ft t8 florescent tubes I have i just need tent and ffof and i did this with no pH meter nothing just compost, coconut I find on ground and perlite… but I am going to buy a pH meter and a few things if I can get Amazon to deliver to the jungle where I’m at lol…peace

Bought my tent,fan and carbon filter used Craigslist for 110.00, DIY ed the lights for 100.00 with bulbs complete. This first grow was a feasibility study to see if I could do it. As far as the weight …if I get an ounce I’d be happy but knowing I can more than double or tripple that with the right lights. Best advise ide give you at this point is READ,READ,READ, THEN BUY!

Look, calm down. :blush: Seriously. :blush::blush: We want to help, but you’re kind of freaking out here & it’s hard to follow your stream of thought.

If you want to grow, you need a good medium, a good light, appropriate temps/ventilation, and a good nute/water routine. From what I’m getting, you are having a hard time finding a good grow medium, is that correct? If there is a Home Depot, try to find a bag of peat, a bag of lime, and a bag of perlite; that right there is basically Promix. Or, forget a soil/soilless medium & go with hydro.

As far as having issues germinating, how wet are you keeping them once you put the popped seeds into your grow medium? If they’re kept too moist, your baby’s roots will get attacked by bad fungus & damp off. The first week, they need a tbsp of h20 per day, at most. Keep them covered with a clear dome, too.

If you cannot control your temps, that’s another reason your plants might fail. There’s a reason you see all those wild Sativas down there. Maybe, if you cannot control the heat, take a hint from nature & grow strains appropriate for your climate.

Honestly, as for the other stuff? My brain couldn’t handle slogging through those huge blocks of text. :grinning:

3 Likes

Honestly, just slow down and try to take things 1 at a time. No need to start over.

1 Like

How many watts is the CFL you’re growing with.

Don’t erase it. Let’s get this figured out for you!

There’s a little pencil at the bottom of each post. That allows you to edit your post.

Click the elipses at the bottom of a post & a few options will pop-up, including delete.