Fresh bud butter

Do you need to dry and cure to make edibles/butter…

1 Like

No; you can freeze fresh plant material and just add it to your coconut oil in the crock pot. The water will cook off.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 what does freezing it do?
Also can you please explain the process. How long do they need to go in the freezer? Thanks ALOT by the way for the reply. I harvested one plant yesterday abd have two more to do this weekend. I use edibles to help me sleep and don’t have anymore. So I’d like to make some.

2 Likes

You don’t have to freeze it but if you want it to be ‘fresh’ you will have to keep it cold. Leaving the plant material out will allow it to spoil.

If doing in a crockpot: add coconut oil (extracts better than butter) to your crockpot along with a cup of water. Add one tablespoon sunflower lecithin (this increases apparent potency). Add all of your plant material. Figure like this: dried flower is 20% the weight of fresh flower. So if you want to run the equivalent of an ounce of flower, use five ounces. If your plant is supposed to be at around 20% THC you can then figure backwards as to the amount of plant material to use.

Dosing is tough to get accurately by doing this as there are extraction losses and assumptions on potency. We do edibles here but I run QWET extraction (ethanol) then recover the ethanol for future use. A full-spectrum oil will be roughly 75% THC so dosing is much easier to figure.

1 Like

This is my third harvest. The other two I made butter I put it in the stove for a few hours with butter. The first time I didn’t decarb it. The second time I did. Put it in the over around 200 f for about 30 minutes. Then put I think it was a qrtr of bud with some shake. The second time I did a oz of bud/shake/trim. This time I was thinking if trying a half oz. Put it on the stove for like 3 hrs with a splash of water. Then refrigerate and separate the water and butter.

1 Like

Also I bought sunflower letchitin this time and maybe I will try coconut oil.

1 Like